Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Ascent Adventures

7K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  AscentStyle 
#1 ·
#AscentAdventure

For those of you considering the #SubaruAscent, I can happily say mine has provided me 50,524 miles of trouble free drives and adventures!

To date, I have visited over two and a half dozen National Parks and National Forests, numerous beaches, and off-roaded thousands of cumulative miles in many of them, all across the country. I tow the beast in the center of the photo below. I've driven in temps as low as -12° and as high as 112° (off roading for many many miles in various deserts in the southwest). Mojave Desert? Check. Colorado Desert? Yep. Sonoran Desert? Yes. Great Basin Desert. Done that too.

If all goes according to plan this year, I will be off-roading in Ocala National Forest, Big Bend National Park, and Rausch Creek Offroading Park for the first times, followed by more off-roading in Moab Utah's Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park.

Comfy, capable, reliable and FUN!!!
❤❤❤❤❤
Subaru of America, you knocked it out of the park with this car!!!
❤❤❤❤❤

My #AscentAdventures have just begun...

Hoping to see a bunch more new Ascent owners joining the rest of us on some really cool Ascent Adventures!!!

#SubaruAmbassador

#SubaruAmbassadorRobert

#offroad #offroading

See less See more
#4 ·
Currently running Kumho Road Venture AT51s, but switching to BFGoodrich KO2s for the even thicker sidewalls and the siping that goes all the way through. Both are great.

#3 ·
The Ocala National Forest is literally just up the road from where my mother's life-care community is. That should be a fun place to play!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
#5 ·
Hey, when are you looking to go up to Arches National Park? It's about 7 hrs from me and if I can time it, I could drive up and join you this time. Got my Nitto Ridge grapplers, so ready to go. Now I may have to get that lift kit and get it installed too!

#6 ·
I'll be posting the schedule for the world to see again. All are invited.

#7 ·
Was just trying to get ahead of the game and make sure I'm not planning another trip at the time. Hawaii, Iceland, etc :D

#11 ·
Great post, @Robert.Mauro. I love all the pictures!

We're actually taking a family trip to mid-Texas in June and I'm working on convincing the wife that we should continue down to Big Bend National Park for some exploring with the Ascent. It looks amazing.

I forget just how big Texas is until I start to think I'll be in close proximity to anything!
Thanks so much!
If things go according to plan, that's roughly when I will be doing Big Bend, with a fellow #SubaruAmbassador who happens to have a matching Magnetite Grey Metallic Ascent Touring.

#10 ·
A friend of mine moved from Tucson to Florida a few years ago...she said the drive across Texas was interminable...and she was also towing a horse trailer. :p

#14 ·
LMAO!!! Ceramic Pro coating for the win!!!

And wash less cleaner and a bunch of microfiber cloths.

And two dozen touchless car washes on the trip.

#21 ·
Hi! Thank you!

I haven't done much outside of Subaru options (I got everything available on day 1).
  • OEM hitch
  • Blue LED floor accent lighting
  • The rims and tires (but the tires are stock width and circumference, and the total wheel weight is about the same as OEM)
  • Skid plates
  • Roof cross bars
  • Roof rack
  • CB antenna mount on roof rack
  • Hitch cover with cutout (three different ones, for different purposes)
  • Subaru puddle lights
  • Cargo area light (JDM Forester one)
  • Additional USB ports

#23 ·
KO2s! Ridge Grapplers!! I had to double check I wasn’t on my usual Tundra forum :)

Our new Ascent is the wife/family vehicle... but now you guys have got me looking at 17” and 18” rims and burly tires!!
I love the pics and adventure updates @Robert.Mauro ! Reminds me of some of my overlanding (Jeep’s and Tundra), definitely stokes the imagination for some family trips in the Ascent this Summer!

#28 ·
KO2s! Ridge Grapplers!! I had to double check I wasn’t on my usual Tundra forum :)

Our new Ascent is the wife/family vehicle... but now you guys have got me looking at 17” and 18” rims and burly tires!!
I love the pics and adventure updates @Robert.Mauro ! Reminds me of some of my overlanding (Jeep’s and Tundra), definitely stokes the imagination for some family trips in the Ascent this Summer!

Love my Nitto Ridge Grapllers on the 18" Raceline Shift wheels (bronze/black).

#24 ·
Neat story Robert! I have been to Rausch many times over the last decade, mostly blue and black trails but am happy to give advice. Some of the greens are pretty boring and some of the blues could be tough in as Ascent. The good news is, unlike the Class VI roads in NH, the trails in Rausch are wide and you won't have to worry about "pinstriping." I'd same come to NH and enjoy our trails but I'm not sure I'll ever take our Ascent on our trails.

#25 ·
Thanks for the tips!!! I actually plan on doing both NH and Rausch. And NJ again, and Maryland. And Utah. LOL!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.