Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#AscentAdventure

For those of you considering the #SubaruAscent, I can happily say mine has provided me 50,524 miles of trouble free drives and adventures!

To date, I have visited over two and a half dozen National Parks and National Forests, numerous beaches, and off-roaded thousands of cumulative miles in many of them, all across the country. I tow the beast in the center of the photo below. I've driven in temps as low as -12° and as high as 112° (off roading for many many miles in various deserts in the southwest). Mojave Desert? Check. Colorado Desert? Yep. Sonoran Desert? Yes. Great Basin Desert. Done that too.

If all goes according to plan this year, I will be off-roading in Ocala National Forest, Big Bend National Park, and Rausch Creek Offroading Park for the first times, followed by more off-roading in Moab Utah's Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park.

Comfy, capable, reliable and FUN!!!
❤❤❤❤❤
Subaru of America, you knocked it out of the park with this car!!!
❤❤❤❤❤

My #AscentAdventures have just begun...

Hoping to see a bunch more new Ascent owners joining the rest of us on some really cool Ascent Adventures!!!

#SubaruAmbassador

#SubaruAmbassadorRobert

#offroad #offroading

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
The Ocala National Forest is literally just up the road from where my mother's life-care community is. That should be a fun place to play!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very Nice! Something we have to aspire to. I love national parks. What tires do you have there Robert?
Currently running Kumho Road Venture AT51s, but switching to BFGoodrich KO2s for the even thicker sidewalls and the siping that goes all the way through. Both are great.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hey, when are you looking to go up to Arches National Park? It's about 7 hrs from me and if I can time it, I could drive up and join you this time. Got my Nitto Ridge grapplers, so ready to go. Now I may have to get that lift kit and get it installed too!

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, when are you looking to go up to Arches National Park? It's about 7 hrs from me and if I can time it, I could drive up and join you this time. Got my Nitto Ridge grapplers, so ready to go. Now I may have to get that lift kit and get it installed too!
I'll be posting the schedule for the world to see again. All are invited.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Was just trying to get ahead of the game and make sure I'm not planning another trip at the time. Hawaii, Iceland, etc :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great post, @Robert.Mauro. I love all the pictures!

We're actually taking a family trip to mid-Texas in June and I'm working on convincing the wife that we should continue down to Big Bend National Park for some exploring with the Ascent. It looks amazing.

I forget just how big Texas is until I start to think I'll be in close proximity to anything!

·
Registered
920 Posts
When we drove to Dallas from Phoenix, half of our drive was in Texas itself! o_O

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
When we drove to Dallas from Phoenix, half of our drive was in Texas itself! o_O
A friend of mine moved from Tucson to Florida a few years ago...she said the drive across Texas was interminable...and she was also towing a horse trailer. :p

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great post, @Robert.Mauro. I love all the pictures!

We're actually taking a family trip to mid-Texas in June and I'm working on convincing the wife that we should continue down to Big Bend National Park for some exploring with the Ascent. It looks amazing.

I forget just how big Texas is until I start to think I'll be in close proximity to anything!
Thanks so much!
If things go according to plan, that's roughly when I will be doing Big Bend, with a fellow #SubaruAmbassador who happens to have a matching Magnetite Grey Metallic Ascent Touring.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK- Where did you find a car wash in the desert?
LMAO!!! Ceramic Pro coating for the win!!!

And wash less cleaner and a bunch of microfiber cloths.

And two dozen touchless car washes on the trip.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Big Bend in June will have 100 degree days. I hope you are used to the heat. Fill all 19 cup holders with water bottles and keep to short hikes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Big Bend in June will have 100 degree days. I hope you are used to the heat. Fill all 19 cup holders with water bottles and keep to short hikes.
Having grown up in Texas my first thought was Big Bend in June? Best be at the highest elevations or really like heat in the day time. Still a better choice than late August early September.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently running Kumho Road Venture AT51s, but switching to BFGoodrich KO2s for the even thicker sidewalls and the siping that goes all the way through. Both are great.
Great information Robert. I have the original 20" rims that will have to be updated to take advantage of aggressive KO2s. What size and brand of rims are you using?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great information Robert. I have the original 20" rims that will have to be updated to take advantage of aggressive KO2s. What size and brand of rims are you using?
I'm running on Liquid Metal Shadows, 17" - they need to be balanced by an expert on a really good machine, such as a Hunter Road Force. Method Wheels MR502's also fit, as does the TSW Bardo. There are no other 17" rims that I know of that fit over our front calipers and/or are load rated high enough to carry the weight of our Ascents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally, a use for all these cup holders!

Living in South Louisiana, I'm pretty used to the heat. Escaping the 90+% humidity for a couple weeks sounds like a dream!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.