1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
965 Posts
Took it to the OK Subies meet today. CVT DON'T MISS NO SHIFTS SON!!!! :grin::grin:

16.11 @ 87
Equates roughly to 210 hp to the wheels based on 4500lbs which is much more reasonable than what the dyno results were showing.
You going to tune it, get Ben to play with it? :devil:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it to the OK Subies meet today. CVT DON'T MISS NO SHIFTS SON!!!!

16.11 @ 87
Equates roughly to 210 hp to the wheels based on 4500lbs which is much more reasonable than what the dyno results were showing.
You going to tune it, get Ben to play with it?
This the wife’s. Paco talked me into running it. She mentioned liking a crosstrek today so if she gets what she wants I may go crazy on this lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took it to the OK Subies meet today. CVT DON'T MISS NO SHIFTS SON!!!! :grin::grin:

16.11 @ 87

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4zTQgrCJ0g&feature=youtu.be
Oh thank you for that video. I know the Impreza missed a shift but I was still laughing as the Ascent pulled away.

Now the real question, how was the MPG.....?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh thank you for that video. I know the Impreza missed a shift but I was still laughing as the Ascent pulled away.

Now the real question, how was the MPG.....?
So drove roughly 90 miles there and back. With 3 runs averaged 22.4 mpg. Only at 2200 miles I'm no @Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, now it makes sense. It's her warranty that is gone now.. :D
If Subaru wants to void my warranty for taking a stock car to a safe place to basically merge onto the highway we won't be in a 9th Subaru :) .

Reactions: imalittle1

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks good although the missed shift looks staged. Interesting point, the car rags are reporting better times for 0-60 and skidpad with premium models with less weight and smaller tires.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No 0-60 listed. Touring with full tank of gas and hitch. I think a 15.99 might be attainable with less gas, no hitch, and a good cool down or ice on tmic.

Reactions: traildogck

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
No 0-60 listed. Touring with full tank of gas and hitch. I think a 15.99 might be attainable with less gas, no hitch, and a good cool down or ice on tmic.
I used this method between Mile High Runs. The 1st run is always the best. I have hit 15.32 in OB at milehigh.

·
Registered
965 Posts
If Subaru wants to void my warranty for taking a stock car to a safe place to basically merge onto the highway we won't be in a 9th Subaru :) .
Warranties are never voided, it's just that claims can be denied.

You know the GameOver STI, right? If he'd had an issue with his power windows, we wouldn't have had an issue with that. Everything that was under the hood? Maybe his light bulbs ... :tango_face_wink:

Seriously, though, unless you actually DO get it tuned, there shouldn't be any issue at all with anything.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If Subaru wants to void my warranty for taking a stock car to a safe place to basically merge onto the highway we won't be in a 9th Subaru /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif .

You know the GameOver STI, right? If he'd had an issue with his power windows, we wouldn't have had an issue with that. Everything that was under the hood? Maybe his light bulbs ...

Seriously, though, unless you actually DO get it tuned, there shouldn't be any issue at all with anything.
Exactly why I’m not worried ?

·
Registered
304 Posts

You know the GameOver STI, right? If he'd had an issue with his power windows, we wouldn't have had an issue with that. Everything that was under the hood? Maybe his light bulbs ... :tango_face_wink:

Well, SoA did void my powertrain warranty when they found out my STI had a GTX3576 and an 11:1 compression ratio. Sent me a notice in the mail and everything. 3/36 on everything else was still valid though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts