Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks - We just ordered a new Limited to replace our 17 Outback. We had traded a 2009 Honda Pilot for the Outback and really like it, but missed the extra room and third row seats. We have grandkids and family who live nearby and needed a vehicle capable of carrying everybody. We ordered the Limited trim because of the memory seat availability, since I am tall and my wife short. I ordered most options, but not the tech package. We could not justify the extra $2,900 for moonroof. I might regret not having the starlink with builtin nav, but hoping I can get by with the Apple Carplay map. I would appreciate anyone else’s experience with that. Looking forward to taking delivery in November (or hopefully before!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
We made the same choice, and the apple car play maps have been great. We have not seen any issues using that system on our screen.

For what it's worth, my wife has a Samsung phone, and Android Auto has also been working without issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. We have the nav on our current Outback, but I was never impressed with it. Hard to update the maps, too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Once you use CarPlay, you will never want to go back to a built-in Navigation system again.

Enjoy the Ascent, its a great ride!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the Carplay work via bluetooth or does it require the phone to be physically connected by usb?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.