Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,935 Posts
I have not had personal experience with this issue and I have not read about it on the forum in regard to the gold plus. I think it is a SOA/Dealership question since it may be getting into the weeds. If I had to guess, I think it is covered.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Quick update: soa called the dealership and spoke with the service manager who said they’d take care of the rotors. Ridiculous what it took to fix that but whatever.
Of course they should have stipulated to this right out of the gate. If at all possible, find a different dealer.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I’ve been exhausted the local dealer supply 😞
My only suggestion at this point is to meet face to face with the top service manage. Extract specific promises from them such as expectations of service quality, knowledge of warranty items, and tsb. Once you have these promises, I would email the summary of those promises to that manager, copy the dealership owner and SOA on it so the promises are on the record, and there would be a better chance of accountability. Be as specific as possible in recounting frustrating service history and the requests moving forward.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I mean, that sounds like a solid plan…but

1. I’m not a lawyer, though I’ve dabbled and that’s a whole other story, so I’d never get something concrete enough in writing to cover every scenario.
2. They’re just not worth my time to go thru all that.

The advice is appreciated though, don’t get me wrong!
Nothing in writing will cover all scenarios, but it will cover some and more importantly, the TONE will be set for future interactions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts