Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting on a Limited to arrive in RI. Vehicle says In transit. Just curious if all vehicles are being made in Indiana or somewhere else. In RI we have a port down in Davisville/Narragansett area so once it gets there it's probably a day or two to get to dealership. Not sure if vehicles from Indiana ship rail to East coast or not.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Waiting on a Limited to arrive in RI. Vehicle says In transit. Just curious if all vehicles are being made in Indiana or somewhere else. In RI we have a port down in Davisville/Narragansett area so once it gets there it's probably a day or two to get to dealership. Not sure if vehicles from Indiana ship rail to East coast or not.
Yes, absolutely all production model Subaru Ascents are made in Indiana.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
I was researching this is a bit...the window sticker on my 2020 Touring says Port/Assembly Boston, MA.

Does anyone know if the production sources have changed? I was just curious...
Absolutely all production Ascents are being made in Lafayette, Indiana for the North American Market (there are no other markets).

"Port/Assembly" location is where all of your accessories were installed (they're not installed in the "factory" - even "factory" installed ones for non SDC/non SNE markets are installed in the "port install" building in Indiana on the same piece of land as the buildings the car is made in).

By telling me your sticker says that, I can tell you live in New England, or that SDC (NY and NJ Ascents) is busy, and are being "completed" (accessory installs) in Boston.

All Subarus are sold directly to dealerships, except for NY and NJ (which are sold to the Subaru Distributor Corp distributorship and resold to the dealerships) and New England (which are sold to Subaru New England Distributorship and resold to the New England dealerships).

All "factory" install accessories are put on by the distributor at their "port" install location. That means New England Subarus get "factory" accessories installed in Boston by SNE. NY/NJ "factory" accessories are installed in upstate NY by SDC or in Boston (I think by SNE?).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Absolutely all production Ascents are being made in Lafayette, Indiana for the North American Market (there are no other markets).

"Port/Assembly" location is where all of your accessories were installed (they're not installed in the "factory" - even "factory" installed ones for non SDC/non SNE markets are installed in the "port install" building in Indiana on the same piece of land as the buildings the car is made in).

By telling me your sticker says that, I can tell you live in New England, or that SDC (NY and NJ Ascents) is busy, and are being "completed" (accessory installs) in Boston.

All Subarus are sold directly to dealerships, except for NY and NJ (which are sold to the Subaru Distributor Corp distributorship and resold to the dealerships) and New England (which are sold to Subaru New England Distributorship and resold to the New England dealerships).

All "factory" install accessories are put on by the distributor at their "port" install location. That means New England Subarus get "factory" accessories installed in Boston by SNE. NY/NJ "factory" accessories are installed in upstate NY by SDC or in Boston (I think by SNE?).
Thanks for the clarification! The really interesting part is I bought our Ascent from a dealer in Lafayette, IN. I literally drove by the Subaru plant on the way to pick it up. There were under 25 miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.