Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten a lot of mixed feed back on how the approach lighting works. Two opinions:

1. The lights turn on only after the car is unlocked, either with the FOB or at the door handle.

2. The vehicle will sense the FOB and the lights will turn on as you approach the car.

Can anyone confirm which is true?

·
Registered
332 Posts
#2 in my 2015 Outback. It's nice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
#2 for sure. '16 Outback

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks everyone, that's what I thought (and was hoping for). I will defiantly be adding that option to my order.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, w/ Tech Package
60 Posts
#1 on my '16 Legacy (turn-key start). The approach lights come on when you unlock the car via the fob when it's dark out.

·
Registered
504 Posts
#1 on my 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited I just went out and double checked. This is a keyless access push button start. I did buy it in Nov. 2014 so maybe the vehicle changed later in 2015?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is #2 an option that you have to add? Or is it standard on a trim level? If it’s an option, which one is it?
My understanding is that as long as you choose the 'approach lighting mirror' option, #2 is standard in newer Subie's.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Have any aftermarket vendors for any of the other Subaru models(Outback,etc.)come up with a different colored light option on the approach lights? Maybe a blue like the footwell lights....Might be interesting....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question:

So where does the light emanating from? From the brochure, this option shows the periphery of the Exterior mirror having and outline of the light. Does the mirror angle down to flood the ground with light? Or does the light just light up the doors?

·
Registered
277 Posts
There is an LED under small Subaru logo built into the mirror. This led is angled down, so light shines on the ground as you approach door which the fob in your pocket.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey all, I wanted to re-visit this thread now that a few of us have our Ascent's.

Anyone been able to test the approach lights? Feedback?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lol, and I thought the auto-dimming approach light was so that you don’t get blinded at night and when someone’s lights are hitting the side mirrors. ?‍♀

·
Registered
590 Posts
Does anyone know if the approach lighting can be adjusted or is it just a standard location? Wish ours shined just a little more on the ground.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know if the approach lighting can be adjusted or is it just a standard location? Wish ours shined just a little more on the ground.
It is built-in to the mirrors, so depends on the angle of your side mirrors

1 - 20 of 26 Posts