Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple CarPlay users: I’ve noticed recently that the Messages app voice recognition stopped working and it also stopped reading me incoming texts. The screen behaves like it’s working but the sound is silent. I’ve played with the audio controls a bunch. Maps and phone work fine through CarPlay and I can adjust their volume, no prob- seems just to be messages that’s having an issue. Not sure if it’s the Ascent or if it’s a recent iOS thing. My husband hooked up his phone and has the same issue. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
CarPlay is mostly based on your phone. If you update your phone, CarPlay updates too. Are you on 12.1.2 and did the problem start after your last update? Besides resetting things, checking volume settings and checking microphone permissions I don’t have a definitive answer other than wait for the next update.
Mine has been working mostly. The only issue I have is that it doesn’t tell me there’s an incoming text when it’s already reading a message. To fix that I just press the voice button on the steering wheel and tell Siri to read messages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts