Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let’s say my wife connects her phone to Apple CarPlay while I drive. Since it might be a long drive she also wants to surf the net on her phone while it is connected to Apple car play. Is that even possible?? When she does it we end up just losing the directions on the infotainment center.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Only one can be active. You will have to either pick a profile with your phone as primary or she can plug into the rear port.

Or I misunderstood. I can play music and do directions but have not tried surfing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was the later. While directions are on CarPlay. She want to be able to also surf the net or other stuff on that same phone.

·
Registered
646 Posts
It was the later. While directions are on CarPlay. She want to be able to also surf the net or other stuff on that same phone.
Without car play I had done that in the past on an iphone. Make sure google maps or whatever is allowed to run in the background?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you use the connected iPhone to use a non-CarPlay app, such as Safari then the infotainment screen will go back to the CarPlay home screen. I think you'll still get direction notifications in the form of a banner overlaid over the CarPlay home screen, but if your wife is busy instagramming she might instinctively swipe away the navigation pop-ups on the phone, causing them to also disappear from the infotaiment screen. You may still be able to hear the voice prompts for navigation while she's surfing, but I haven't tried that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts