Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine didn't. I had to turn off auto update and set the clock manually. If I enabled auto update, then the clock set itself back to the incorrect time. My phone did show the correct time during the whole exercise.

Tried running the starlink app but that didn't help either.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ours did. It changed about 1 minute into the ride. Took a little bit longer than it does to update the 3 hour and 6 hour weather info.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Yes, my Limited with Nav updated over the Bluetooth iPhone link.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Mine did too. There's a setting to have the clock automatically update to your phone's time. I toggled this on when I was reviewing all the setting after I first got the Ascent.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
did we ever come to a concensus what causes the head unit to sync the phone's time with the vehicle's? my time did not update on its own yet after 2 drives on sunday. i'm going to play with it to see if it updates after doing something specific

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
did we ever come to a concensus what causes the head unit to sync the phone's time with the vehicle's? my time did not update on its own yet after 2 drives on sunday. i'm going to play with it to see if it updates after doing something specific
Although I can't find the reference now, I'm pretty sure I read that it will sync the time if you have Show Notifications turned on in your phone's Bluetooth settings for SubaruBT. That's the way I have my iPhone set up and it worked with the time change and also crossing time zones. This may also required you too have your contacts downloaded as well but I'm not certain about that.

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Although I can't find the reference now, I'm pretty sure I read that it will sync the time if you have Show Notifications turned on in your phone's Bluetooth settings for SubaruBT. That's the way I have my iPhone set up and it worked with the time change and also crossing time zones. This may also required you too have your contacts downloaded as well but I'm not certain about that.
Now that you mention it I recall that being mentioned. I'll give it a try tomorrow when I'm back at my car and see if that works

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
According to the manual, Press the home button, select Settings, select Vehicle, select Clock Adjustment, then select Auto. With Nav systems, the clock will be set by the GPS receiver. For others, the clock will be set via bluetooth from the your paired phone.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Weird,try it again then turn off the auto setting after the clock displays the correct time.Drive around around a day or two then activate the auto setting again.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Whenever I enable auto setting via bluetooth, the clock goes back to last week's time
The first time I set my clock to auto update via bluetooth it went to a random time; it eventually figured itself out when the time actually synced with my phone again. Could be similiar behavior for you. I'm still waiting to get back to my car to fiddle...

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Update: I connected my iPhone this evening with Bluetooth notifications off and the clock was still off. I enabled notifications and nothing happened. Only afterward when I disconnected the phone via the head unit then reconnected the same way did it update. Problem solved ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine didn't. I had to turn off auto update and set the clock manually. If I enabled auto update, then the clock set itself back to the incorrect time. My phone did show the correct time during the whole exercise.

Tried running the starlink app but that didn't help either.
Mine updated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.