Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can connect my Pixel to the console by USB but cannot download my contacts via Bluetooth. Anyone else have the same issue? So, I must always connect via USB before using Android Auto.
Also, the USB port does not charge the Pixel rapidly.
Thanks for comments.
Stardoc

·
Registered
566 Posts
I can connect my Pixel to the console by USB but cannot download my contacts via Bluetooth. Anyone else have the same issue? So, I must always connect via USB before using Android Auto.
Also, the USB port does not charge the Pixel rapidly.
Thanks for comments.
Stardoc
I've got the Pixel 2. I know it sounds old, but you need to use the cable that came with it - or one that says "Rapid Charging" on the front of the phone when connected to it. I'm pretty sure that you need to be on Android Auto to download the contacts, but I'm pretty sure (?) you can tell the system to call xx that is in your contact list. I think I've down that a couple of times. It may have just been the phone hearing me and doing it, but it got done. I'm anxiously awaiting the Pixel 4 :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kathytn. I too await the Pixel 4, so am holding onto my Pixel 1 for as long as I can. I am using the correct cable but for some reason my Pixel reports "charging" but not "charging rapidly". So, when actively using the phone for the Maps function, the phone does not charge above its current level even after a long drive.

I too get the phone to call appropriately when connected by USB and it will play audio music, Audible etc that way.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks Kathytn. I too await the Pixel 4, so am holding onto my Pixel 1 for as long as I can. I am using the correct cable but for some reason my Pixel reports "charging" but not "charging rapidly". So, when actively using the phone for the Maps function, the phone does not charge above its current level even after a long drive.

I too get the phone to call appropriately when connected by USB and it will play audio music, Audible etc that way.
Try using one of the USB ports in the second row and see if that changes anything. I recall some having to do that for some reason - a long time back. I assume you are on Google Fi? I've been on it forever, was a Beta tester on it. Love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts