Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about doing the 2" lift kit on my Ascent but I was wondering if anyone with the lift kit has done any towing with it? I do woodworking and have a 6x14 enclosed trailer I use. Also have a pontoon I tow. Probably will never tow anything over 3,500 pounds.

·
Registered
764 Posts
We've done 5 or 6 LP Adventure lifts for the Ascent at my dealership now. As far as I understand it does not affect towing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
A lift will affect the sensitivity of the stability stuff. The mechanical impact will be that your probably putting bigger tires on it? Thus changing the gearing ratio which will impact the towing capability. Any change to the tire size ie larger has a direct negative impact on towing capacity.

·
Registered
685 Posts
We've done 5 or 6 LP Adventure lifts for the Ascent at my dealership now. As far as I understand it does not affect towing.
If any of those customers develop a low speed wobble, like nearly all other lifted Subarus, let me know. Ascent inserts have been ready to go for a while now. I suspect as the cars get more miles on them, wobbles might develop. I am working on a driveline correction kit for lifted Subarus at the moment as well.

·
Registered
764 Posts
If any of those customers develop a low speed wobble, like nearly all other lifted Subarus, let me know. Ascent inserts have been ready to go for a while now. I suspect as the cars get more miles on them, wobbles might develop. I am working on a driveline correction kit for lifted Subarus at the moment as well.
Not that I know about. But our oldest lifted Ascent in only a few months old. It may develop later on down the line.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not that I know about. But our oldest lifted Ascent in only a few months old. It may develop later on down the line.
What size lift kits are available?

with standard wheels and tires, how much do they really impact / improve clearance?

What alternate wheels and tires might be recommended for minor off road travel (photography rather than 4 wheeling)?

Does the Ascent have space for a full size wheel / spare under the trunk?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Does the lift kit effect the eye sight at all?

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts