Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the front USB covers? I will probably have cables plugged in to those ports the entire life of the vehicle, so I thought removing the covers might make for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Has anyone removed the front USB covers? I will probably have cables plugged in to those ports the entire life of the vehicle, so I thought removing the covers might make for a cleaner look.

I'm guessing once they are removed, they might not be re-installed very easily?

Reactions: Patrick G.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but from playing around with it in the dealership I thought that would look bad aesthetically so I rather keep them on.

And while we are on the subject what is up with the USB port block being white in the second row? that looks horrible, why not just make it black like the rest of that console.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did anyone ever try this? Like the original poster, I've got a cable that is probably going to be always hooked up to the front usb port, but I don't want to just rip the cover off in case it won't go back on.

·
Registered
2020 8 Seat Limited (Crystal White Pearl)
67 Posts
I have removed mine and reinstalled them - if you give them a solid pull, they will pop out. When reinstalling, it helps to wet the end to allow it to go back in - gotta push & twist and they go back in.

I removed mine to insert 2 permanent USB flash drives but couldn't stand the look of the covers dangling - so I pulled the covers. After I pulled the covers, I didn't like the little holes left behind so I cut the hole plugs from the dangling cover and reinserted the hole plugs. Looks better in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.