Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to install seat fans by yourself in Limited ?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Is it possible to install seat fans by yourself in Limited ?
Sure, but it would take replacing much of the components. You could order them from parts.subaru.com and assemble them. You'd also have to get the relevant buttons and harness and wire everything.

But, people have done far more difficult mods.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Touring seats are perforated throughout to allow ventillation. The Limited seats are only perforated partially - the center section is solid leather.

So you might go through the trouble of installing aftermarket fans (or even OEM parts), but I don't know how effective they'll be at drying out a swampy crotch.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Has anyone looked into reversing the direction of the fans? so they would push air out instead of pull air in?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
The Touring seats are perforated throughout to allow ventillation. The Limited seats are only perforated partially - the center section is solid leather.

So you might go through the trouble of installing aftermarket fans (or even OEM parts), but I don't know how effective they'll be at drying out a swampy crotch.

The Touring seat leather is available from parts. I considered getting a panel of it (eg: seat top) to use to build a center console for the rear.

But yes, they'd have to be changed out as well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Has anyone found cooled seats actually work worth a darn and are worth the trouble of installing after the fact.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Touring seat leather is available from parts. I considered getting a panel of it (eg: seat top) to use to build a center console for the rear.

But yes, they'd have to be changed out as well.
Like you said, people have done far more difficult mods. That's a lot of stuff to change with a virtually no guaranteed ROI.

Are you still looking to build a rear center console? That would be pretty cool!

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Like you said, people have done far more difficult mods. That's a lot of stuff to change with a virtually no guaranteed ROI.
Yeah, I'd never attempt it, or, I'd go to Katzkin and see what they could work up.

Are you still looking to build a rear center console? That would be pretty cool!
Considering it still, once it's warmer. I still have my cargo separator/2nd row cover to build, special license plate frames to make, LEDs to install, Hella horns to swap in...

...sigh, I need another month in every work week. :sad: :tango_face_wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts