Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Or is that just me :grin:
If you look closely, you'll note that the second Subaru Ascent to roll off the Assembly line is a grey Touring. I ordered a grey Touring and got a ridiculously low VON - I started my order the night before pre-orders started, accessory codes and all...

...so, at the very least, I did daydream a little that the 2nd car in the pic was mine... sigh... :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... I ordered a grey Touring and got a ridiculously low VON - I started my order the night before pre-orders started, accessory codes and all...

...so, at the very least, I did daydream a little that the 2nd car in the pic was mine... sigh... :tango_face_wink:

I'm curious to see who has the lowest VON... mine is 218278461

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you look closely, you'll note that the second Subaru Ascent to roll off the Assembly line is a grey Touring. I ordered a grey Touring and got a ridiculously low VON - I started my order the night before pre-orders started, accessory codes and all...

I was telling my wife who is becoming impatient that the first one looks to be a blue touring it could be ours!!

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
That's crazy low. I started my order as soon as the ordering system opened up. Literally minutes after it opened, and you are 4,959 lower than me :crying:
Or he misread it (78502?), and I am only beating you by a few... he had to bug his manager for the number, and can't get the VON page to send me. So, all I have is what he typed in the email from what his manager told him.

I did submit all my order info in parts in the two days before things opened, so, I presume he had my order in the system the moment the Ascent was up for pre-order.

Either way, like you, I don't have a VIN email yet. :plain:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Are the VON numbers model specific or do they just reflect all Subaru models ordered this model year? Overall or just by that dealer etc. ? Do Forester, Legacy, WRX , each have their own series of VON numbers?
Hopefully someone gets a VIN number soon and perhaps their location, model, options , VON number may shed some light on figuring out the VON meaning.......or not....
Sorry, I guess this post is just the Internet version of nervous chitchat/ small talk while waiting for something important to happen....:)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are the VON numbers model specific or do they just reflect all Subaru models ordered this model year? Overall or just by that dealer etc. ? Do Forester, Legacy, WRX , each have their own series of VON numbers?
Hopefully someone gets a VIN number soon and perhaps their location, model, options , VON number may shed some light on figuring out the VON meaning.......or not....
Sorry, I guess this post is just the Internet version of nervous chitchat/ small talk while waiting for something important to happen....:)

Yes, the VON's are vehicle specific.

This is a VON for a 6 cylinder Outback made at the same factory - 115204411 - It is due into my dealership the end of June. Its has a real similar build time, but different vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, the VON's are vehicle specific.

This is a VON for a 6 cylinder Outback made at the same factory - 115204411 - It is due into my dealership the end of June. Its has a real similar build time, but different vehicle.
Don’t know about vehicle specific VON’s. My friend ordered his Outback Touring on 4/06/18. VON 218286420.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts