Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, still waiting for Touring to arrive. We have a lab and want to protect the cargo area with a quality blanket that flaps over the bumper when open, and side of cargo area with third row seats up or down. Anyone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m curious if anyone has feedback on this as well. I’m looking for some kind of solution for our dog in the back. The factory cargo divider from Subaru seems to be over priced and won’t contain my dog in the back. The one we had in our forester was great, but it doesn’t fit and the company doesn’t have one for the ascent yet. I’m half tempted to get a folding dog crate for the back.

Dog owners, what your current solutions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I find captain's chairs are better for humans and not so great for dogs. So to remedy the issue of our pets falling into the middle section, I bought some Amazon Basics exercise mats and cut them to size and glued them together to a height that works.

Then we just use a bench seat cover. It works incredibly well and our dogs love it. When I'm not using it I just store the insert in the back and the cover under the trunk area with the privacy cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seat extenders for second row seat wells and between Captain's chairs.

https://www.sagefinds. com/itemdy00.aspx?ID=415,5217&T1=D151028+MRN

Unlinked address above. It no matches intended reference - Moderator.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Our GSD loves the captains chairs and sits on them like a human or in between when the children are with us. She loves being close to us.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Amazon has many different options for seat covers. i have a universal one that i am going to move from my cx9 to my Ascent once i get it at the end of the month. Mine is attached to the headrest and is Velcro to the seat back.

We ordered our ascent with a bench seat to keep the dogs in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts