Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious - especially those that have purchased their Ascents and have them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It's nice, but it probably only amounts to (2) or (3) oil changes/tire rotations. That is why Toyota makes such a big deal out of it. It costs them so little to get you into the habit of coming into the dealership for service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's a bummer. The first two years of ownership are really just oil changes, maybe there are a few other minimal things. Either way at least the ascent will qualify you for a future loyalty discount should the program continue.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got 4 free oil changes over 2 years (every 6 months or 6,000 miles). I got the impression that it was just something the dealer does.
Same for me, though it seemed like this needed to be negotiated with my dealer (only granted after I asked for it).

·
Registered
965 Posts
Subaru Maintain the Love Program

Curious - especially those that have purchased their Ascents and have them.
Okay, just for clarification to everyone on this ...

The Two years free maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, inspections, cabin air filter, wiper blades) are a region specific incentive given by Subaru. So you have to live in and purchase in the specific region to get this. For example, if you live in and purchase in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, or New Mexico, then you get it. If you live in Kansas and purchase in Oklahoma, you do NOT. It ends up being approximately a $700 value.

Other regions of the country DO get to offer this, but not all of this. I think SoCal is one of those regions. I KNOW that Colorado does NOT.

Subaru offers this to help market penetration, and obviously everyone in Colorado already owns a Subaru. :tango_face_wink:

This free maintenance DOES follow you - if you originally live in and purchase in OK, and move to Oregon (for example, since I had someone do this), the other dealerships have to honor it. Or if you're on vacation and need service, it's also good anywhere in the United States. (NOT Canada - they're through SOC, not SOA.)

And lastly, you do have the option when you purchase the vehicle to purchase the extended maintenance plan, where basically you pay for the 30K and 36K service up front. It'll end up saving you a few hundred dollars if you do so. The 30K maintenance is the expensive one - I got employee labor rates AND employee pricing on parts and supplies for my Forester, and it still cost me over $450. I think retail is around $700.

·
Registered
764 Posts

The Two years free maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, inspections, cabin air filter, wiper blades) are a region specific incentive given by Subaru. So you have to live in and purchase in the specific region to get this. For example, if you live in and purchase in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, or New Mexico, then you get it. If you live in Kansas and purchase in Oklahoma, you do NOT. It ends up being approximately a $700 value.

Other regions of the country DO get to offer this, but not all of this. I think SoCal is one of those regions. I KNOW that Colorado does NOT.

Subaru offers this to help market penetration, and obviously everyone in Colorado already owns a Subaru. :tango_face_wink:

This free maintenance DOES follow you - if you originally live in and purchase in OK, and move to Oregon (for example, since I had someone do this), the other dealerships have to honor it. Or if you're on vacation and need service, it's also good anywhere in the United States. (NOT Canada - they're through SOC, not SOA.)

And lastly, you do have the option when you purchase the vehicle to purchase the extended maintenance plan, where basically you pay for the 30K and 36K service up front. It'll end up saving you a few hundred dollars if you do so. The 30K maintenance is the expensive one - I got employee labor rates AND employee pricing on parts and supplies for my Forester, and it still cost me over $450. I think retail is around $700.

Here in Salt Lake City we buy this program from Subaru for each one of our customers. Its a way to offer more bang for your buck when the best price is already reached. With this program the customer also gets the $500 loyalty coupon that has been so very coveted by members on here :)

Every customer nationwide can actually buy this 2 year/24,000 service agreement from any Subaru dealership. Its around $695, but if you are a loyal Subaru owner and will buy another car within 4 years anyways, it pretty much pays for itself with the loyalty coupon.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks Carl!

My dealer does have a "maintain the love" part on their website, but it doesn't specifically mention the Ascent. I do have an email where my sales guy says yes, but I'm just trying to prepare in case come negotiation time they say..."oh I was wrong about that"

·
Registered
120 Posts
The dealer we are getting our Touring from offers lifetime limited warranty power train and 10 year roadside assistance.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer we are getting our Touring from offers lifetime limited warranty power train and 10 year roadside assistance.
Which dealer or what state :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a choice of the 10 yr warranty or the 2 year maintance and after reading the find print on the 10 yr plan which only covered engine and power train and required following the maintance plan I took the 2 year plan and bought a 10 yr 100000 mile bumper to bumper plan with a 100 deductible. With all the tech systems in this car I wanted it all covered. My Acura I traded had most of the Sam tech and I had just replaced a cracked windshield and the glass company could not get the camera behind the windshield calibrated and sent me to the dealer. The found the glass company had knocked the camera out of its bracket and charged the glass company 390.00 to fix it and do the calibration.
I can see the possibility of big charges to repair this tech systems.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I got the two year free maintenance in So Cal on my Legacy. To bad I can't use it now. Bought the car 4/08/18 and it got totaled on 6/21/18. Waiting for my Ascent now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts