Subaru Ascent Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
LOL, you're right! I just noticed that a couple days ago when I was checking on the progress of mine.

Going off roading - may be worse soon.
Enjoy your off roading. Can you think of any downside to adding some weatherstripping? Maybe something like this. I have not scoped it out yet so I do not know what dimension or location would work best.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Enjoy your off roading. Can you think of any downside to adding some weatherstripping? Maybe something like this. I have not scoped it out yet so I do not know what dimension or location would work best.
Probably not.

I'm thinking of coating mine. I will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
I got really tired of trying to keep these clean. My solution, coat them with dupli-color truck bed liner.

I'll let you guys know how it works long term. View attachment 2097
LOL!!! I had a similar idea. But, I take months to get through my projects, so, I am sure you will beat me to it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you coat the underside too? I wonder if coating them defeats their purpose to some extent, which I presume to be sound deadening. I guess removing them would also be an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got really tired of trying to keep these clean. My solution, coat them with dupli-color truck bed liner.

I'll let you guys know how it works long term. View attachment 2097
Did you coat the underside too? I wonder if coating them defeats their purpose to some extent, which I presume to be sound deadening. I guess removing them would also be an option.
No I did not. I don't want to seal them up and trap water inside. With the bottom uncoated, they can still dry out. With the top coated, a rinse with a garden hose should be all that's needed to keep them clean.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts