Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a one day owner of a new Ascent Touring and love it. I was disappointed to notice something wrong my first day though. There are four webbing holders that secure the seat belt and buckle in place. I found the two on the passenger side missing. I’m assuming my teenage son may have pulled them out when putting on his seatbelt. Good news is that they’re just $5 each and can be easily popped back in. Anyone else have the same issue happen with them? I posted photos showing how they should be used and the missing ones.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I saw one other complaint about something similar. They're designed to store the belts when you have the seats down. They hold the belts out of the way for cargo and so the cargo cover can extend without getting caught in them. They're not for daily use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven’t broken one of those yet, but I’ve already gone through a couple of the plastic clips used on the cargo net - one when I had it hooked onto the child latch of the third row (still not sure where that net is supposed to be used.. none of the ring placements make a lot of sense to me) and tried to put the third row seat down - pop! Anyhow I would have thought they would be stronger considering the forces they might see in a crash. I plan on finding something metal & stronger to replace them.

The seatbelt stowage clip should be more flexible, though, so you can pull it out without breaking it - maybe Velcro? Not sure where that would put the Velcro when the seatbelt is in use

·
Registered
26 Posts
@SubaScott The cargo net has two modes of operation:

- Folded in half, it acts like a fence between the cargo area and the lift gate.
-- It can be installed this way whether the third row seats are up or down.
-- There are connecting points on either side wall, two upper and two lower.

- Unfolded, it is designed to be hold down loose items across the cargo area.
-- It can be installed this way only when the third row seats are folded down.
-- There are connecting points at the four corners of the cargo area floor, all four at floor level.

Hopefully the pictures help to clarify things.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.