Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring
15 Posts
Please do! If it’s easy I may do it.

However, Eibach has produced more suspension components than probably all the other companies combined. The lead engineer races Subaru’s. I have no reason to doubt what they recommend. I will post up if something happens but nothing looks stressed at all with this mild lift.

Best part for me is beyond the increase stiffness and handling. I no longer bump my head on a open rear lift gate and it’s easier for me to put my daughter in her car seat. I stand straight up vs an awkward semi squat.
Now I need to know how tall you are? lol I also hit my head on the tail gate when it is open and am always in a hunched over state when in the cargo area. Never thought to take this into account with the lift! Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow yours looks great! Hoping I can get a couple more details and even some additional photos of your Subaru. I’m looking to do the same to mine. Did you put the sub frame spacers on as well? About how high did the front and rear lift after the install?

And as far as the tires go, how much did your mpg take a hit after putting these tires on? I’d really like to keep the 20s on mine for around the paved roads, but dropping down to an 18 is really tempting as well. How has this combo been off road for you?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the late reply. So no spacers, just the Eibach kit for the Ascent (springs only). I thought about a new wheel, but honestly I’m not off roading this thing. I replaced a 2016 4Runner Limited with this Ascent. I did a similar lift and Wildpeaks on stock 20” wheels on the 4Runner, loved it, and carried that look over to the Touring. We hit gravel roads or muddy county roads with lots of washed out ruts so the extra clearance and more aggressive tread is perfect. But I also drive mostly on pavement and like a more aggressive handling. That’s why I leaned towards the lower profile (20”). I also added a strut tower brace for that reason and would love to add a rear.

As for mpg...don’t know. Coming from a full-time 4WD Limited and getting 15 mpg at best, anything is an improvement. I measure the difference in the number of visits to Costco Gas...lol

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
49 Posts
@OlyAscent So you only did the Eibach springs, and added A/T tires on the stock 20"s? No extensions, and no subframe spacers?
I am also a recovering 4Runner owner....haha, I think the MPG's are insanely good too.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
15 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. So no spacers, just the Eibach kit for the Ascent (springs only). I thought about a new wheel, but honestly I’m not off roading this thing. I replaced a 2016 4Runner Limited with this Ascent. I did a similar lift and Wildpeaks on stock 20” wheels on the 4Runner, loved it, and carried that look over to the Touring. We hit gravel roads or muddy county roads with lots of washed out ruts so the extra clearance and more aggressive tread is perfect. But I also drive mostly on pavement and like a more aggressive handling. That’s why I leaned towards the lower profile (20”). I also added a strut tower brace for that reason and would love to add a rear.

As for mpg...don’t know. Coming from a full-time 4WD Limited and getting 15 mpg at best, anything is an improvement. I measure the difference in the number of visits to Costco Gas...lol

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info! That’s basically how I had my Tundra set up, though I was able to get a much bigger tire on the 20, a 33” tire. I was just curious the actual height on the Eibach springs as they don’t look to lift quite as high as the platform lift which I like. I’m planning as of now to keep the OD size of the wheels on my Ascent just to make everything easy. I’ve also heard people saying the car drives much better than the block lifts. And I hear you on mpg, I’ve been happy to get anything good as my Tundra got 14-15 on the highway if I was lucky. And subsequently why I also didn’t get a 4Runner. I also had one before my Tundra and I was really bumped when looking for another car that their mileage didn’t get a lot better. Thanks again!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the info! That’s basically how I had my Tundra set up, though I was able to get a much bigger tire on the 20, a 33” tire. I was just curious the actual height on the Eibach springs as they don’t look to lift quite as high as the platform lift which I like. I’m planning as of now to keep the OD size of the wheels on my Ascent just to make everything easy. I’ve also heard people saying the car drives much better than the block lifts. And I hear you on mpg, I’ve been happy to get anything good as my Tundra got 14-15 on the highway if I was lucky. And subsequently why I also didn’t get a 4Runner. I also had one before my Tundra and I was really bumped when looking for another car that their mileage didn’t get a lot better. Thanks again!
Yeah, this setup falls short of the other 2" lifts. This one raises the front 1.7" and evens the rear raising it only 1.4". Not sure if the 2" kits raise all corners 2" or if they also level the vehicle. I really want to get a rear sway bar (for me) and that would probably cap off the setup I have.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
15 Posts
Yeah, this setup falls short of the other 2" lifts. This one raises the front 1.7" and evens the rear raising it only 1.4". Not sure if the 2" kits raise all corners 2" or if they also level the vehicle. I really want to get a rear sway bar (for me) and that would probably cap off the setup I have.
Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone had their alignment checked after adding only the Eibach springs? Was it still in spec?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Les Schwab (local shop) installed and aligned. I think the springs and install were still cheaper than the LP Adventure 2” lift.
Oly, like your setup. Do you have a gallery of pics online to share? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
After contemplating the LP Aventure 2 inch lift vs Eibach springs, I opted for the Eibach springs and finally got around to installing them.
I love the ride now as the car feels more planted on the road and no longer feels ‘floaty’ when I drive a little faster than recommended.
The front is 1.7 inches and the back is 1.9 inches (combined the 1.4 eibach spring with a 0.5 inches strut top spacer from rallitek). I installed them myself..took about 3-4 hours, saved $600 (shop quote), and was pleased after the wheel alignment came back clean and still within factory specs.
I would definitely recommend this set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After contemplating the LP Aventure 2 inch lift vs Eibach springs, I opted for the Eibach springs and finally got around to installing them.
I love the ride now as the car feels more planted on the road and no longer feels ‘floaty’ when I drive a little faster than recommended.
The front is 1.7 inches and the back is 1.9 inches (combined the 1.4 eibach spring with a 0.5 inches strut top spacer from rallitek). I installed them myself..took about 3-4 hours, saved $600 (shop quote), and was pleased after the wheel alignment came back clean and still within factory specs.
Looks great! I've ordered the Eibachs and can't wait to get them on. A few questions for you if you don't mind:
  • What wheels/tires are you running?
  • Why did you decide to add the rear strut spacer?
  • What's involved in the installation? (I'm handy with tools and have installed hitches on a bunch of vehicles, but have never touched suspension components and don't have access to a lift, although I could probably borrow some jacks...)
  • Looks like you mounted a full-sized spare? Did you have to modify the attachment at all? How much ground clearance is there to the spare?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks great! I've ordered the Eibachs and can't wait to get them on. A few questions for you if you don't mind:
  • What wheels/tires are you running?
  • Why did you decide to add the rear strut spacer?
  • What's involved in the installation? (I'm handy with tools and have installed hitches on a bunch of vehicles, but have never touched suspension components and don't have access to a lift, although I could probably borrow some jacks...)
  • Looks like you mounted a full-sized spare? Did you have to modify the attachment at all? How much ground clearance is there to the spare?
Hey,
I am running Black Rhino Mozambique wheels and Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws tires (265/60R18).

I added the rear spacer for the times I load up my car...not a really good reason, but I had bought them for my outback and never used them so I figured ‘why not?’

The installation was not complicated, I do not have a lift and was able to do it with jack and jack stands. You will need to get a strut compressor tool..I opted for the clamshell kind that is way safer than the $30 separate screw version. That said, as the eibachs are stiffer than OEM, you still need to be very very careful. There are a number of YouTube videos of folks removing the struts and changing the springs...I watched as many as I could find before starting. That said, I had a shop close to me that I was going to go to if I got cold feet...may be worth getting a quote as if you do not have the tools and need to buy them it will add up as well. My plan was to remove the back struts at home, take those and the eibachs to the shop and have them switch out the springs then do that for the front as well. That way I will not be charged for the ‘lift time’ if they shop did everything. Cause switching out the spring itself takes 5-10 minutes at most. It’s the other crap that will take you 2-4 hours.

The full size spare fits with no modification. I think the 265/60/18 is probably the biggest size that can fit. Not sure what the ground clearance is, but the tire sticks out about 3-4 inches, so I lost about 1 inch based on a stock set up. Not a big deal...in the event I need the extra clearance I Lule mount the tire on the back (I have the Wilco hitchgate solo...too cumbersome for a daily driver though)

·
Registered
133 Posts

View attachment 4930
View attachment 4931
View attachment 4932
View attachment 4933
Did you custom make the rear hitch cover with the opening or is that a part that is available?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Also...any of the folks who have installed the Eibach springs...anyone have a wobble as other Subaru's have exhibited after being lifted?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The handling is WAY better. As for the ride quality, it's very subjective depending who you ask. As for me, I like both the OEM's and Eibach's ride quality even though they feel totally different from each other. I may upgrade my summer OEM 20" rims to some nice 18" and 265 tires in the future, but problem is I still really like the look of the OEM 20" rims.

On another note, I may end up installing the rear shock extenders + subframe spacers anyway. I don't think they'll hurt anything, plus the extenders may give the rear shocks more "droop travel" - as Primitive calls it. That way they won't go to waste sitting on the shelf.
Hi Tuanvo, i'm also in the market of choosing a subtle lift for my 19 ascent. First choice was the LP but now i found this thread i've been more and more convinced to get it and also because it's alot less money than LP. . . did you ever try to load up the car and see how much the "droop/sag" there was just with the springs before the RSS, and after?

Thanks in advance.

Ian 🤙

·
Administrator
8,310 Posts
EDIT: I just caught up to the rest of the thread and saw this.

(I have the Wilco hitchgate solo...too cumbersome for a daily driver though)
Never mind... lol!

Hey, make sure you deflate that spare (and obviously carry a compressor to inflate it if it's ever needed) if you plan on off-roading with it. I'd suggest a better location for it than there for off roading. It will grab on hills. I bent my 7 pin trailer harness bracket and the bracket that holds the right mid side of my rear bumper cover.

View attachment 4930
View attachment 4931
View attachment 4932
View attachment 4933

41 - 60 of 103 Posts