Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone has eibach lift springs installed?
Pics?
Just installed them and was wondering if its gowing to lower a bit after they settle?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the Primitive lift springs installed several months back. I also considered the Eibach's. But they were still in development. There was a member here that was trialing them for the company I believe @Soca was that you? Did they end up coming with any subframe or strut spacers? How do they feel?
From my understanding of the spring lifts, they should not 'settle' or lower after some time, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had the Primitive lift springs installed several months back. I also considered the Eibach's. But they were still in development. There was a member here that was trialing them for the company I believe @Soca was that you? Did they end up coming with any subframe or strut spacers? How do they feel?
From my understanding of the spring lifts, they should not 'settle' or lower after some time, but I could be wrong.
yup that was me. They have been great! Only springs and Eibach does a step to prevent sagging when I toured their factory.

Eibach said their spring rate is approximately 10% stiffer than stock. Rides great on trails, and can easily do hundreds of miles of highways. Definitely flatter with less dive in the turns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So what's the difference between using springs and using a lift kit? Curious to see what is better in terms of looks and capability.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That depends on how you define 'better'. Performance will not really be changed with strut tower block spacers and subframe spacers. ADF and LP kits are quality examples in this category. I have the 2" LP lift on my 14 OB. It is the only lift that comes with FMVSS126 certifcation that states the lift kit will not interfere with any of the vehicle OEM equipment such as eyesight, ABS or electronic control system. These should provide OEM suspension ride/comfort.

To my knowledge only PrimitiveRacing and Eibach make lift springs for our ascent. I was hoping Rallitek would. So far not. The offroad performance, body roll, and butt sag while loaded/towing is improved with higher rated springs (IMO).

I don't know much about Eibach, have heard they are good quality. One thing that made me choose Primitive was that they also included the subframe spacers and more importantly the STRUT spacer. This allows the strut piston to sit where it originally should, so it is not always extended with the lift. I am told this will destroy the struts quickly as it is always closer to the end of its stroke. I was trying to find my email conversation with Patrick from ADF, but cannot find it.

Capability: point goes to spring lift for reasons above. Except if your 'capable' is defined as highest ground clearance. Lift springs offer 1.25" and Eibach is 1.4/1.7". Most block lifts are 1.5" or 2".

Looks will be similar. 2" is more noticeable than my 1.25". I run 1" diameter larger a/t tires which gives me almost the 2" lift anyways.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m ordering the Eibach because I have the Touring and keeping 20” wheel and adding Falken Wildpeak AT3. Want that heavy feeling of firmly planted wheels, plus the Eibach is $500 cheaper than LP and appears to stiffen the ride which is my goal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Are there any after market struts that work with a lifted ascent. I could be co convinced in the future. Waiting on my Cobb AP right now :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm wondering if the Eibach springs can be installed in combination with the Primitive Rear Subframe Spacer Kit. They sell this either together with the King springs lift kit or separately.

Primitive Rear Subframe Spacer Kit 2019+ Ascent - Primitive Racing

If this works nicely with the Eibach, we may have the best of both worlds - for a decent combined price too. One of you with the Eibach springs want to try this out and let us know?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm wondering if the Eibach springs can be installed in combination with the Primitive Rear Subframe Spacer Kit. They sell this either together with the King springs lift kit or separately.

Primitive Rear Subframe Spacer Kit 2019+ Ascent - Primitive Racing

If this works nicely with the Eibach, we may have the best of both worlds - for a decent combined price too. One of you with the Eibach springs want to try this out and let us know?
I think that will be you!! Haha. I absolutely would have done that if the Eibach springs were out when I wanted to install my lift. I did talk with the team at Eibach and they vehemently defend their non use of sub frame spacers. They have no technical reasons or rationale. Other than engineering I g and test results don’t indicate it is needed. Everyone else I talked to in the lift/mod world that had experience with Subaru’s said it was a problem waiting to happen especially with the struts.

truth be told I did want more lift than the 1.25” with the primitive kit. Eibach would get that extra for sure. But as previously mentioned oversized tires make up for it a bit. And I plan to keep this vehicle until it dies so long term a smaller lift may be prudent.

I should visit my outback forum to look for problems encountered because or the timeline for this or even differences between lift companies. I realize it’s a different vehicle. But I’m sure we could extrapolate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm really thinking hard whether or not to lift my Ascent. On the one hand, it's very tempting aesthetically, and extra clearance in the snow during winter is a plus (I probably won't do much offroading). On the other hand, my family will have a harder time getting in the already tall (to us) car. Also, once a lift is done, along comes more wheel/tire upgrades. Expenses will add up quickly. Then the warranty issue, etc... Like you, I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time so longevity of the car with any modifications is very important, especially with the Ascent b/c it's my first new car ever.

But I get really bored when there's nothing new to do to the car (I like doing all mods & maintenance myself). So I will revisit this possibility comes summer, after our road trip down south.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Eibach springs coming from Tirerack; Rear subframe spacers + rear shock extensions coming from Primitive. :D

May have to wait until the spring for the garage to warm up before I can do the installation though.

This combo will end up costing me just as much (more if I have to pay customs fee when they arrive) as the LP Aventure lift kit because they're coming to Canada from US (shipping cost is crazy). And the instructions are almost useless compared to LP's awesome instructions though I think I'll have no problem figuring it out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Eibach springs coming from Tirerack; Rear subframe spacers + rear shock extensions coming from Primitive. :D

May have to wait until the spring for the garage to warm up before I can do the installation though.

This combo will end up costing me just as much (more if I have to pay customs fee when they arrive) as the LP Aventure lift kit because they're coming to Canada from US (shipping cost is crazy). And the instructions are almost useless compared to LP's awesome instructions though I think I'll have no problem figuring it out.
Yeah, Shipping is ridiculous. Customs is almost worse. I have a post office box across the border to avoid the s/h fees. Can't avoid the customs fees though.

I think you will have the best of both worlds with the sub frame spacers and the Eibach lift. Please post a pic and let me know it worked out. I'm jealous. I definitely want that extra 0.5". I 'may' add a 0.75" strut top spacer in the future... :)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts