Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least one that doesn't involve a 3D printer? I'm getting really tired of holding my coffee steady while I drive and have yet to find an aftermarket product that helps.

Does EyeSight have a "one-handed" setting for this? /s

·
Registered
567 Posts
This cup holder adjusts on the bottom and top - for the smallest to the largest whether for in the holder or for the cup. I've owned one for years thru 4 different vehicles. I'm using it now in the Ascent. You may be able to pick it up in store if there is one by you. Reviews aren't that great (3 star) because the instructions are terrible. In fact, it took be awhile to adjust it after it having been in my Outback for 3 years.

BTW, the link will say it's not available for shipping because it's the website for the PepBoy store by me. I had mine shipped from another location.

https://www.pepboys.com/hopkins-gogear-cup-holder-charcoal/product/8808868?quantity=1

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been using the Subaru ashtray holder with success. Unfortunately it does block the led light ring a bit, but I'd rather have a functional cup holder until another option comes about.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
They come in black too,the only is I don’t think the glue is strong like mentioned.I’ve been using 2 ashtray holders with no issues.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
This is still working for me and no one but me has noticed it.
How did you get them to stay on? I prepped with alcohol wipes, and they fall off within hours. I’m thinking of using black field furniture pads instead since they would be lighter and might actually stay affixed.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
This is still working for me and no one but me has noticed it.
How did you get them to stay on? I prepped with alcohol wipes, and they fall off within hours. I’m thinking of using black field furniture pads instead since they would be lighter and might actually stay affixed.
Let the alcohol fully dry. After that, stick them on and stick a cup in place to hold them firmly against the plastic. Then leave that for 24 hours. You only get one chance. If you put them on and remove them then you cannot re put them back on again otherwise they will not stick

·
Super Moderator
3,904 Posts
Thanks for that tip, Robert...as I noted earlier, I'm having the "not sticking" problem. I'll do the cleaning, sticking and supporting thing at first opportunity and see how that goes!

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Does sticky pads won’t work in this Florida heat that’s for sure.
I think it's all about when and how they're installed. I put two on my garbage pail in direct sunlight, and while they're shriveled and yellow, they won't come out.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I put these on in the middle of the day and used Solo cups to keep pressure on them throughout yesterday. I’m in a conference today, so I’ll see if they’re still stuck on later this afternoon after sitting out in 100F temps today.

·
Super Moderator
3,904 Posts
Someone posted a link to a GM cup holder insert on Amazon the other day...I can't find the specific thread and there are multiples spread around the forum areas...and I decided to spend a few dollars to see if it would work for me. The device is made of rubber . For the Ascent, the bottom gets cut off (I'm using that in my shop now for containing fasteners I'm using for hold-down on my CNC) and the rest gets halved so one piece goes in each Ascent center console cup holder. I used strong, black "mounting tape" to fasten these in after carefully cleaning the surfaces. The result works very well:

Here's the link to the product at Amazon:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.