Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m not sure if I’m the only one who feels this way, but the gear shifter (knob) is pretty ugly IMO. Not the knob itself, but everything else around it. It just seems out of place, too much plastic and rough edges. Should have been wrapped in leather like the steering wheel or the arm rests. It’s like something you would see in a car that was made 10 years ago, or a very base trim utility truck with no extras whatsoever. It works, does the job, but for such nice leather trim everywhere else I don’t understand why they didn’t do anything with the gear shifter. Has anybody tried to replace it with an STI leather shifter that’s compatible with a CVT?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premier
46 Posts
What trim level is yours?
I own the Premier (touring in the US) and the shift lever is covered in exactly the same leather as the steering wheel. So I’d assume you can buy that part separately and should the an easy install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, I have a Limited which comes right before the Touring. The shifter knob itself looks ok, I just think the chrome right underneath it and the shaft that connects to the bottom trim piece (where the P R N M-D indicators are) could have looked better. The bottom trim piece (with the P r N M-D) also seems dated to me. Maybe I’m being too picky? I love my car and have no real complains I guess :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, I have a Limited which comes right before the Touring. The shifter knob itself looks ok, I just think the chrome right underneath it and the shaft that connects to the bottom trim piece (where the P R N M-D indicators are) could have looked better(maybe wrap all that in leather? To give it a more manual/sporty look) The bottom trim piece (with the P r N M-D) also seems dated to me. Maybe I’m being too picky? I love my car and have no real complains I guess :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts