Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing an Ascent (or a Telluride) in the fairly near future. Does Subaru offer any kind of incentives on a fairly regular basis that might help me out if I just wait. I know Kia currently has 2 cash back offers that I qualify for that are making the Telluride more attractive every day.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm thinking about purchasing an Ascent (or a Telluride) in the fairly near future. Does Subaru offer any kind of incentives on a fairly regular basis that might help me out if I just wait. I know Kia currently has 2 cash back offers that I qualify for that are making the Telluride more attractive every day.
Subaru doesn't need incentives to sell cars, much like Honda/Toyota also rarely offer them on their SUVs and vans. If price is your only criteria for purchase you are probably better off with the Kia, but if you are concerned with value and safety you should really put the Subaru through its paces back to back with the Kia.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Dealers may make great deals even better than corporate incentives, but you'll rarely find a corporate incentive. Check out the forums and you will find people getting their Ascents at dealer invoice or less.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you look at Subaru’s sales numbers, you can see that they are selling more and more Ascents every month. It’s a hot vehicle for Subaru and at this time, SOA probably feels that there is no need to put incentives on it when it’s selling like it is. As Robert noted, you will probably find a Subaru dealer that will have an incentive better than what corporate is currently offering.

Subaru's in general offer a lot of value for the money. Unlike others CUVs and SUVs, AWD is standard! Another plus for Subaru, many models now include Subaru's EyeSight as standard across the model line. On top of that, the Subaru Ascent is at THE TOP of the safety ratings for the IIHS! Subaru did their homework and safety sells!

Sure, you might negotiate a deal with incentives with another brand (Kia) and get a lower price than a Subaru, BUT, I have one question for you. Do you really want to risk the safety of your family just to save a few hundred dollars? Just sayin’! ?

I wish you luck on your shopping experience as this mid-sized SUV/CUV market segment has tons of choices with more and more showing up practically everyday.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,214 Posts
These forums can be your friend...you can negotiate with dealers for what is a good deal for your area and you can also do things like embrace a charitable/lifestyle organization and get a VIP pricing benefit. If you are already a Subaru customer, you are also likely to be able to get a loyalty rebate by calling in to customer service and asking. (You need a VIN tied to your name to even entertain that small benefit) If you do a little work, you can get a decent price via multiple methods and choose what works best for you.

But the bottom line is that Subaru and Ascent in particular are in high demand and as has been noted, there's little "incentive" to the company to have to play the incentive game.

Personally, I chose to not "play the game" and pit dealers against each other and just joined an organization and got the VIP pricing (and flower show tickets for me and my florist daughter) along with a loyalty rebate from Subaru. Oh, and I had $500 worth of "dealer dollars" available from service work on existing vehicles from the same dealer organization to put toward my order, too. My order took about a half-hour to place, including the trade dance which I ultimately chose not to take in favor of selling privately for a lot more money.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sure, you might negotiate a deal with incentives with another brand (Kia) and get a lower price than a Subaru, BUT, I have one question for you. Do you really want to risk the safety of your family just to save a few hundred dollars? Just sayin’! ?
FWIW I do feel that this statement, if political, would be considered a "scare tactic". If I HAD to purchase a vehicle today, I would purchase the Ascent over the KIA due to the fact that the Telluride has not yet been crash tested. For some reason, that doesn't seem to stop people, nor did it with the Ascent. You may see the Telluride get top crash test ratings when it happens. Many of the KIA line up are top safety rated.

Our family does believe in the Subaru safety factor, which is why the only car we would consider for our daughter was a Subaru. A Forester to be exact, because she gets the shortest garage stall. :tango_face_wink:

I am on the Telluride forum as well, you may want to go over there if you haven't and do some digging around. TellurideForum.org The Tellurides are finally hitting the road and there are some minor 1st year things already rearing their head. Keep in mind that the Tellurides have only been on the lots for about 3 weeks. I feel that Subaru has done a good job, at least by following this forum of getting the few 1st year issues taken care of, which seemed to be minimal.

Another thing to consider is your dealer support and ease of purchase. KIA dealerships, for the most part, have one of the worst reputations for shady business practices. Very hard closing techniques, rushing through the sale, trying to reject service claims.... Granted every dealership is different, but our Subaru dealership is one of the easiest to work with in our area. You will also see that Subaru of America will tend to step up and do the "right thing" if the dealership cannot properly take care of things. I haven't heard much about KIA doing that. Keep in mind, it is not only the price, but the value you receive.

·
Registered
235 Posts
FWIW I do feel that this statement, if political, would be considered a "scare tactic".

Yeah, that wasn't my intention (I hate politics), but I see what you're saying. I agree, any other up and coming or revised vehicle can meet the same safety standards (or even possibly exceed them) as the Ascent.

Luckily we all live in a free country and everyone can make their own informed decisions about what's best for them and their families.

Reactions: Dandy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts