Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any suggestion plate with arm for 12" laptop when I am in driver's seat ? I sometime need use laptop for business in parking lot, outdoor or road side. or any idea when I in 2nd row seat ?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes, and this does fit/work on the Ascent, it's a "steering wheel table".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ5NC99/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You tested this? Or someone else? I have a different one I bought years back and it wouldn't work on the Outback or the Ascent. Either the steering wheel is too fat or the area at the bottom doesn't allow the desk to attach. The one pic in the comments I saw showed a VW steering wheel rotated from center so there was a free area available at bottom center. That isn't something I tried with mine. I like mine that I used on my old Saturn Vue so the concept works for me but I'd still be a bit wary it will fit. I am interested because I do work from my car on occasion too.

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
588 Posts
You tested this? Or someone else? I have a different one I bought years back and it wouldn't work on the Outback or the Ascent. Either the steering wheel is too fat or the area at the bottom doesn't allow the desk to attach. The one pic in the comments I saw showed a VW steering wheel rotated from center so there was a free area available at bottom center. That isn't something I tried with mine. I like mine that I used on my old Saturn Vue so the concept works for me but I'd still be a bit wary it will fit. I am interested because I do work from my car on occasion too.

Yes, I've used it and it the wheel does have to be turned 180 degrees so that the open part is at the bottom. It even mentions that in the instructions. On the Touring, it rest right at the "seam" where the heated steering wheel ends.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It will fit without turning the steering wheel, but it would have to go on the top half of the steering wheel - which ends up at "mouth" level. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I've used it and it the wheel does have to be turned 180 degrees so that the open part is at the bottom. It even mentions that in the instructions. On the Touring, it rest right at the "seam" where the heated steering wheel ends.
Please attach picture again, thank you

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
588 Posts
Let me try loading it a different way. BTW, this looks like it's sitting on the seat in the photo, but it's at the level of the seams on the steering wheel leather. Didn't have anyone around to take a photo with me at it and a selfie didn't work.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Please attach picture again, thank you

BTW, I've also seen "desk tops" that attached to/hang from the back of the front seat for use in the second row. In fact, I'd seen one at WalMart but I'm not sure how steady they would be for actually working on them. And there are also "folding laptop desks". They wouldn't work in the driver's seat but would in all the others.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me try loading it a different way. BTW, this looks like it's sitting on the seat in the photo, but it's at the level of the seams on the steering wheel leather. Didn't have anyone around to take a photo with me at it and a selfie didn't work.
I think you use this for meal. Do you try put 12" laptop on the top ? I am afraid of too heavy to support laptop.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think you use this for meal. Do you try put 12" laptop on the top ? I am afraid of too heavy to support laptop.

No, haven't tried it with a laptop. I'd be concerned about the depth and how close it would be to you as far as typing. Also, I just tried it again and put pressure on it - because of the leather padding on the steering wheel, it does "bounce" when I put pressure on it. I think one of the folding table tops used in the second row would be a better bet for computer use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts