Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there were the tires and now it’s the transmission.
You know the story, but we’ve been told that the NEXT time the transmission fails they’ll tow the car and replace the transmission.
I’m pretty sure we’ll have a replacement by late summer but if not, we will be cancelling our vacation.
EXTREMELY disappointed with what we thought was going to be a spectacular car for my wife AND disappointed with Subaru. I don’t think we can recommend this car to anyone at this point.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Going through this now with our second Ascent. I feel you aggravation! We are in the almost final steps of having this one repurchased under lemon law. I’m not going for 3, I’m going to a different brand until they can get the quality issues figured out. Maybe in a couple years!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going through this now with our second Ascent.......
Sorry to hear that!
We knew there would probably be hiccups with a new model but sure didn’t expect what we’re getting. We went with Subaru largely because of safety and reliability.
Where we live there are primarily small State highways with very few turn out areas.
If the transmission fails in a place like that (along with the effective shut-down of the vehicle) we could easily be in a very bad situation.
With SOA opting to leave our family in a vehicle with a known defect my opinion of the company has taken a strong turn for the worse.
So much for reliability and ‘Subaru Safety’.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry to hear that!
We knew there would probably be hiccups with a new model but sure didn’t expect what we’re getting. We went with Subaru largely because of safety and reliability.
Where we live there are primarily small State highways with very few turn out areas.
If the transmission fails in a place like that (along with the effective shut-down of the vehicle) we could easily be in a very bad situation.
With SOA opting to leave our family in a vehicle with a known defect my opinion of the company has taken a strong turn for the worse.
So much for reliability and ‘Subaru Safety’.
Exactely what happened with our first. Left me stranded on a 2 lane curvy mountain road with high traffic. Not really any place to safely get off the road. I have lost so much faith in the brand with this car. Not had any trouble with the crosstrek. Our second ascent hasn’t left me stranded (yet) but did stop pulling yesterday for about 5 seconds before finally lunging into another gear and pulling again. We go back into the shop tomorrow for more diagnostic work to see if the computer will show anything or they can duplicate on a test drive. In the mean time working with Subaru to repurchase this one under lemon law as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts