Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Abyss Blue Touring, 2022 Magnetite Gray Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Stumbled across this forum this morning while researching replacement tires for the OEM Falkens on our 2020 Abyss Blue Ascent Touring. I also have a 2022 Magnetite Gray Ascent Touring on order, which should be here in the next month. I appreciate all the advice I've read so far, and I know I'll be here frequently, having two of them!

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
395 Posts
Hey everyone! Stumbled across this forum this morning while researching replacement tires for the OEM Falkens on our 2020 Abyss Blue Ascent Touring. I also have a 2022 Magnetite Gray Ascent Touring on order, which should be here in the next month. I appreciate all the advice I've read so far, and I know I'll be here frequently, having two of them!
Welcome! Regarding tires, I and some other owners have had good things to say about Michelin Cross Climate 2s. I have a 2022 Onyx and I switched from 20s to 18s as I prefer a taller sidewall both for ride, and the ability to air down when required offroad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Regarding tires, I and some other owners have had good things to say about Michelin Cross Climate 2s. I have a 2022 Onyx and I switched from 20s to 18s as I prefer a taller sidewall both for ride, and the ability to air down when required offroad.
Thanks, Packard! I saw some great reviews on them, but I found a really good price on the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReadys at Sam's Club. 975 out the door, including mounting, lifetime balance, lifetime rotations, and their road hazard coverage. Then there's the $75 prepaid card offer too, so right around $900. Cheapest I could find the Michelins was closer to 280 per tire before everything else. Was between those two and the Continental CrossContact LX25s.

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
395 Posts
Thanks, Packard! I saw some great reviews on them, but I found a really good price on the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReadys at Sam's Club. 975 out the door, including mounting, lifetime balance, lifetime rotations, and their road hazard coverage. Then there's the $75 prepaid card offer too, so right around $900. Cheapest I could find the Michelins was closer to 280 per tire before everything else. Was between those two and the Continental CrossContact LX25s.
When I bought the CC2s, there was a Michelin promo at Discount Tire (a supporting vendor here). They ran $980 OTD, with lifetime rotation, balance, repair, etc, etc. I've heard good things about the WeatherReadys also. Almost anything is an upgrade from the crap Falken OEMs!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I replaced the OEM tires with conti cross contact lx25. I was between the Goodyear assurance weather ready and conti also. I didn’t consider the Michelin Cc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you checked the dealerships? I know it sounds crazy but looking at putting on some Wildpeaks and they were 40 dollars cheaper per tire than everyone else.
I have actually. I was there two weekends ago for the 24,000 mile service and had them look a few tires up for me. I've actually had really good experiences with my dealership's Subaru service department, so they were my first stop. I may see if they'll match the price or drop it any, so I can have them rotate the tires when I have regular maintenance done and save myself a trip to another shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts