Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another lift gate cargo light idea.

Thanks to another member, my wife wanted me to put in projector door puddle lights.

Talking out the OEM puddle lights, I realized they were the same light as the rear cargo light, just without the switch.

I also found that if you are careful with your cutting, you can mount one in the removable access panel in the lift gate (where the SubiSpeed light fits)

I have not made the wiring harness yet, but I have everything I need on the shelf.

For the price of a little wire and an OEM door light, you can have a. Inexpensive OEM looking substitute for the SubiSpeed light.

20191201_110713.jpg
20191201_111811.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Def looks factory. I wonder about the feasibility of mounting one or more of those on the inside trim pieces.
That might work, I would have to do some measurements. The reenforcements on the back of the liftgate cover are in the perfect place for the clips on the light.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have the OEM led light from 2019+ forester sport installed but it’s not that impressive, just adequate to illuminate the bumper area. It’s like twice the brightness of the cargo light though

·
Registered
642 Posts
Another lift gate cargo light idea.

Thanks to another member, my wife wanted me to put in projector door puddle lights.

Did you install the Subaru logo puddle lights?

I've been considering buying those and wondered how well they work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts