Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The most annoying thing in our Ascent is that I listen to Pod Cast off the Android. The next morning I get in the car with my wife and she hits the radio button and its at least twice the volume of the Pod Cast from the phone or anything from the phone connection. Anyone know how to keep this from happening?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
When I have issues like this it is caused by a difference in the volume settings on my phone and the volume setting on my car's radio. In other words, if I have reduced the volume on my phone for whatever reason, then start android auto, I will have to turn up the car's volume to compensate for the reduced volume setting on the phone. Then when android auto disconnects the radio will be at whatever level I had turned up the volume to be for the low volume level I had set on my phone, and it's then too loud. Turn up the volume level on your phone before connecting to android auto and it should take care of this issue, or at least it does on my Google Pixel phone when I use android auto.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
There are also multiple volume settings in the head unit for various different sources. Those settings allow one to generally normalize volume across different sources. But the previous poster is also correct that inadvertent or purposeful alteration of the volume controls on the mobile device can certainly come into play as can accidentally changing the volume on the head unit at "just the wrong time". This applies to both Android and iOS devices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are also multiple volume settings in the head unit for various different sources. Those settings allow one to generally normalize volume across different sources. But the previous poster is also correct that inadvertent or purposeful alteration of the volume controls on the mobile device can certainly come into play as can accidentally changing the volume on the head unit at "just the wrong time". This applies to both Android and iOS devices.
I'm going to try and find these settings in the HU. Definitely not the volume on my phone deal, that was the first thing I checked, although I know my Honda CR-V did that to all connected phones.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
It's an Android Auto bug. It's been partially fixed in the version of Android Auto in Android 10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.