Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if you can have the radio playing while plugged into Android Auto using Google maps or Waze? If yes, what is the interface like, can you change stations while AA is running? How can you view the currently selected station?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes, you can change stations. On the head unit, just hit the radio button. I use a USB stick so I select the Media button when I want to change folders. Then I click the App button and select Android Auto again to go back to Waze or Maps. It takes a few presses but I'm used to it now and it's easy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just wondering if you can have the radio playing while plugged into Android Auto using Google maps or Waze? If yes, what is the interface like, can you change stations while AA is running? How can you view the currently selected station?

Yes you can. You can cycle through your preset stations with the buttons on the steering wheel. However, I have not figured out how to view the currently selected station without pressing the Radio Button. I pretty much memorized what my presets are, so I don't need to look at the Radio too often. If I do, you just switch back to Android Auto and it will automatically go back to Waze or Maps.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Yes you can. You can cycle through your preset stations with the buttons on the steering wheel. However, I have not figured out how to view the currently selected station without pressing the Radio Button. I pretty much memorized what my presets are, so I don't need to look at the Radio too often. If I do, you just switch back to Android Auto and it will automatically go back to Waze or Maps.
You can change the upper display to show whatever media/station/song/etc is playing, if you don't mind losing whatever it is you normally show (eg: Eyesight, or the status screens).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can change the upper display to show whatever media/station/song/etc is playing, if you don't mind losing whatever it is you normally show (eg: Eyesight, or the status screens).
I was hoping this would be the case. Thanks for that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts