Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Limited this Sunday, and got andriod auto set up (pixel 2). I keep getting a notification that I have a new text from my mom that the car wants to read. The problem is that it's not a new text, it's months old!! It's happened like 4 times and it's always the seat text! Is anyone else having a similar issue or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
419 Posts
When I get a new text, 3/10 times (weird it's not consistent), if I just hit Play on the text notification, it will play this same super old message. My 13 yr old thinks it's hilarious, insisting that I hit play so we can hear my wife say (once again) "I'm boiling dumplings for you for lunch."

Your post prompted me to investigate. This erroneous text is the oldest one on my android phone, way back to Oct 2016. We'll lose some hilarity in our drives now, but in the interest of science I am going to delete the text and see if it frees android auto from its bug. Or maybe it will just default to the next oldest text, which is far less funny. I'll let you know how it goes.

F.S.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
This app should resolve your issues...

Find an app that marks all text messages read. There are a number of them. I use this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.sreeni.markallsmsreadfree

I've seen a number of occasions where the stock text apps lose track of messages and forever have a few marked as unread internally that they never show as unread. Sometimes, they correspond to messages that were not downloaded and expired, and thus cannot be read. The app above resolved all of those issues for me, as well as ones like you're experiencing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts