Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ever since we got our ascent back in october. We have had some issues with android auto. Nothing to serious at first. Would randomly disconnect a few times a week, need to say my wifes name twice 99.9% of the time when i say to call her. Simple stuff that didnt bug us to much. But for about a week or 2 now all of a sudden its barely working. It disconnects sometimes 4 to 5 times in a single 30 min trip. I cant get it to play songs using voice commands at all, half the time it just does nothing, the other half it tries to call someone. When I do try to make a call it almost never connects the right person. Something i am noticing since these problems started is when you do try to voice command it seems like its picking up EVERY NOISE. The little 4 color thing that move when you speak now even move when I have the wiper blades on, as if its picking up that noise. Only thing thats still working as it should are the buttons for like volume and skipping songs. Everything is updated. Anybody else run into this problem or have any ideas how to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
First thing with problems like this is to check the firmware revision on the head unit and update if it's not current.

Reactions: packout

·
Registered
204 Posts
Most issues with AA are related to two thing: the USB cable and the phone manufacturer. Usually changing out the USB cable with a better one fixes it he constant disconnects. if it is your phone, unfortunately that's not a lot you can do except replace the phone itself. I have heard that some phones play nicer with Android auto than others. OnePlus is a great example of a quality Android phone. The only issue I've ever had that I think is Subaru related, and it is happened in both my 2018 Outback and my 2020 Ascent, is that Android auto will simply not populate. Usually I just have to turn the car off open the door to ensure all power is off, then start the car back up and Android Auto works again.

Here is the current USB cable that I used, assuming you have a phone that uses USB C. what's nice about this cable is that it has a 90-degree turn so my phone fits perfectly sideways in the center console and it doesn't stick out (OnePlus 6T)

·
Registered
186 Posts
This may also have something to do with it. I've had to revert back to an old version of google maps and refrain from any google updates, until I can root my phone and install a newer version of Android
Mike

---from Subaru--

We hope you are enjoying the MySubaru app!

Due to Google’s decision to no longer support their operating systems (OS) of Android 7.x, Android 6.x, and Android 5.x – we can no longer guarantee the stability and performance of the features you’ve grown to love in MySubaru.

We have recently become aware that security checks on Android 6 are preventing some MySubaru app users from being able to access key functionality of the app, or the app entirely.
----- blah blah blah ......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.