Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced issues with Android Auto after updating the head unit to the latest version. I started having the issue where Android Auto does not connect after updating to the latest head unit firmware on my 2019 Ascent Limited. I've tried to resolve the issue by resetting the head unit to factory default multiple times but has not fixed the problem. I've also tried re-installing Android Auto on my phone (even though I know its not the phone because Android Auto auto starts as soon as I plug the cable into the phone). Its not an issue with the cable because I bought a branded, certified cable and have data transfer enabled. And I've tried plugging the phone at different stages of car start up (plugged it in before start car, after car start and head unit fully booted, etc.). My firmware version for the head unit is REL_UA.19.36.70.

Anything else I can try to get Android Auto working again? Anyone else having issues after updating to the latest firmware version?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got the new update last Weds. Android auto came onto the home screen but nothing would happen when I selected it. It then disappeared and never came back. The next day my phone updated android auto, had to click through a bunch screens, and now android auto is working again in the Ascent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think most Windows 10 users are too scared to update the OS anymore. I paused updates because I'm in the middle of a statistics class and can't afford to lose all my spreadsheets
Back them up to a thumb drive, external drive, hard or SSD and/or the Cloud. We all should back up our stuff regularly! Good luck-and if you want help with statistics-don't ask me! :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Interesting, in our Ascent, I still have intermittent issues where it says I can't connect when I'm trying to send a text message via Android Auto. And If I didn't know any better, it also sounds like the woman who voices the Google commands is a little bit hung over... even my kids noticed it, the speech is slow, and it almost sounds like she's slurring her words together. But that only happens in the Ascent.

I don't have that problem in the Jag. The woman's voice who does the commands in my F-Pace sounds like the normal Google voice that I've otherwise heard for years in both cars.

has anyone noticed any difference and how Android Auto responds from one car to another? I know it's slightly off topic but I'm just curious. The type of voice that responds shouldn't be any different car to car since it's through the phone, I would think. This will happen if I'm driving both cars back to back down the same roads, so it's not a matter of being in different areas at different times...

·
Super Moderator
7,143 Posts
Interesting, in our Ascent, I still have intermittent issues where it says I can't connect when I'm trying to send a text message via Android Auto. And If I didn't know any better, it also sounds like the woman who voices the Google commands is a little bit hung over
That's a known Google issue that they keep trying to fix. Angry Google is bad connection Google, but apparently it's due to an Assistant bug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts