Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to have android auto running but have the sound go to bluetooth headphones?
I like having the interface on the large touchscreen esp with google maps.
However when jamming out to 90s era gangsta rap i dont need my 4 year old to hear it. The family also doesnt always want to hear my NPR podcasts.

I can't get it to work - as soon as plugged in the sound will only go through car speakers. Tempted to buy an actual mp3 player if they still make those although not trying to go that route.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Is there a way to have android auto running but have the sound go to bluetooth headphones?
However when jamming out to 90s era gangsta rap i dont need my 4 year old to hear it. The family also doesnt always want to hear my NPR podcasts.

I can't get it to work - as soon as plugged in the sound will only go through car speakers. Tempted to buy an actual mp3 player if they still make those although not trying to go that route.

Thanks,
What phone?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's a tough one.

Does your phone have a headphone jack? Does that work? Would that be better than a standalone mp3 player?

Back when iPhones had headphone jacks, I could use Carplay and use wired headphones (one ear only) when everybody else was sleeping and I needed to listen to podcasts to stay sane. Now I just suffer in silence.

PS, that could have been pre-CarPlay, but similar principal (Pioneer app mode - before AA and CP)

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts

Thanks,
What phone?
Certain Android phones allow redirecting audio. For instance, the Samsung Note9/S9 series.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Samsung s9 plus.
thanks,
Your phone has a feature to redirect the audio.

It does not work properly with Android Auto, sadly. I plan on reporting that to Google.

In the attached image, you can see that I selected my headset, and my phone was telling me that music was being played through it. It wasn't.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts