Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you lucky enough to have ordered and received your Ascents: Is there an option that you didn't get, but now wish you had? or is there an option you did get, and now wish you had not?

·
Registered
73 Posts
For those of you lucky enough to have ordered and received your Ascents: Is there an option that you didn't get, but now wish you had? or is there an option you did get, and now wish you had not?

I kinda wish I had the door guards, but I'm a DIYer so I'll most likely just order them and install myself. I just ordered the cargo tray and seat back covers from https://subaruonlineparts.com/index.php, it's a great site for those people who are cheap like me and don't want to pay dealer install fees.

I keep looking at Cassen for your touring to drop...it's gotta come in this week best of luck Dennis.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I kinda wish I had the door guards, but I'm a DIYer so I'll most likely just order them and install myself. I just ordered the cargo tray and seat back covers from https://subaruonlineparts.com/index.php, it's a great site for those people who are cheap like me and don't want to pay dealer install fees.

I keep looking at Cassen for your touring to drop...it's gotta come in this week best of luck Dennis.

I keep waiting for Cassen to post this Friday's deliveries. It better be a BIG one for everyone. Many on this site have an 8/31 date. Right now they are only posting thru 8/30 so hopefully tomorrow will show 8/31

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I stopped checking Cassens on a daily basis..driving my self nutz..But my vin has at least shown up as a valid Vin getting shipped to Kings Subaru, just no dates available yet. This morning I did my "weekly" check and My vin now shows as an invalid vin...??????? checked and double checked...I wonder what changed???

·
Registered
304 Posts
I stopped checking Cassens on a daily basis..driving my self nutz..But my vin has at least shown up as a valid Vin getting shipped to Kings Subaru, just no dates available yet. This morning I did my "weekly" check and My vin now shows as an invalid vin...??????? checked and double checked...I wonder what changed???
Maybe it was delivered? :tango_face_surprise

We just got a truck down here in Georgia from Indiana with 3 vehicles on it

·
Registered
73 Posts

I have no idea...That is strange. I wonder it Subaru is outsourcing other haulers to meet up with back log.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, if I were just guessing based on all that has gone on with the weld issue, and I am only guessing.....then I’d guess yours was one that was recalled and had to be built so to speak again with a new VIN assigned......THIS IS PURE SPECULATION on my part...?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, if I were just guessing based on all that has gone on with the weld issue, and I am only guessing.....then I’d guess yours was one that was recalled and had to be built so to speak again with a new VIN assigned......THIS IS PURE SPECULATION on my part...?

I had this same thing (Cassens suddenly not recognizing my VIN) happen to me this morning (SO glad I'm not the only one!) so I called SoA. I was assured my vehicle was neither recalled nor destroyed. They suggested I call my dealership (Subaru of Kings Automall) to see if they have any insight. I haven't gotten that far yet. They also confirmed my ETA remains 8/31 (pushed from 8/7, 8/15, 8/23). I'm not ready to hold my breath yet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I originally was regretting not moving up to a touring to get cooled seats, but after using them in another car for the past week, I am glad I didn't get them. The sound from them is too annoying for me. I kept think the rear vent was on or a window was slightly cracked open.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I wish I had gotten the body side moldings especially after seeing @Robert.Mauro 's

I wish ventilated seats were available on the Limited.

I wish there were black wheel options as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would have liked to pick another interior color to go with the blue. I am worried its going to start looking tired really quick. I like the color combination a lot, just worried long term it might not hold up well.
I LOVE the adaptable cruise control and eyesight technology.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
I would easily want the remote start option - the app is a real pain in the a$$. Too many steps to just start it up.
I am very happy that I chose that route and had it installed.

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is it really? I go back and forth about it. I want the best experience.
I counted yesterday and there are 10 key presses to remote start with the app (including launch the app). It takes two presses to start the climate control in my Leaf. Much could be done to streamline the user experience with the app. Yes, some of this overhead is due to security, but integration of fingerprint or facial recognition would be a big help.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I counted yesterday and there are 10 key presses to remote start with the app (including launch the app). It takes two presses to start the climate control in my Leaf. Much could be done to streamline the user experience with the app. Yes, some of this overhead is due to security, but integration of fingerprint or facial recognition would be a big help.
Ok, not having fingerprint ID is a bit dumb, that would make it much easier. SOA should really hire out a good dev to get that done and make it look good. I'm no UX designer, but it can be 'pretty' and functional at the same time.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
Not So Smart App... yet.

Ok, not having fingerprint ID is a bit dumb, that would make it much easier. SOA should really hire out a good dev to get that done and make it look good. I'm no UX designer, but it can be 'pretty' and functional at the same time.
It's a web page turned into an app, which is fine in general, if smart device app specific features are added to the compiled app. Alas, it doesn't look like they've gotten that far yet.

But, my bank went a similar route, and then kept adding more smartphone specific features, such as fingerprint ID and photo taking/uploading capabilities (for checks, for instance) and then smartphone specific photo processing capabilities.

Hoping that Subaru will go the same way. It makes sense to start with a mobile friendly web page as the basis since all the "heavy lifting" is done on the back end servers anyway and it means that it's easy to make feature compatible versions for Android and iPhone. Ours is the first Subarus with all of these smart features, so, hopefully, as they're more prevalent, the app will evolve as well, and make better use of the capabilities of our smart devices.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's a web page turned into an app, which is fine in general, if smart device app specific features are added to the compiled app. Alas, it doesn't look like they've gotten that far yet.

But, my bank went a similar route, and then kept adding more smartphone specific features, such as fingerprint ID and photo taking/uploading capabilities (for checks, for instance) and then smartphone specific photo processing capabilities.

Hoping that Subaru will go the same way. It makes sense to start with a mobile friendly web page as the basis since all the "heavy lifting" is done on the back end servers anyway and it means that it's easy to make feature compatible versions for Android and iPhone. Ours is the first Subarus with all of these smart features, so, hopefully, as they're more prevalent, the app will evolve as well, and make better use of the capabilities of our smart devices.
Yeah, I would just think that after all these generations of stuff they'd have started working on it sooner. *crosses fingers*

1 - 20 of 40 Posts