Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been readin through the "3 Things" thread, and a common theme seems to be the front cup holders. I agree with the complaint, and FYI, the Crosstreks suffer the same issue. As a carryover from my 2018 Crosstrek I traded in for the Big A, I kept the solution I used. That solution is.... TAADAA... the Drink Docker!

Yep, it's a ridiculous name. Yep, it's pretty much the opposite of a "clean" or stock look. However, I've found that with very few exceptions, the Dockers work fantastically to keep a wide variety of beverage containing vessels from succumbing to the powerful temptations of gravity (the harlot).

As for deets, the size I have is medium, and the Dockers come with little foamish tabs that adhere to the sides of the cup (you'll see what I mean if you investigate their site) and allow the seeker of caffeine and upholstery segregation to fine tune their application. The large I had determined as being too, well, large for the Crosstrek holders, and since I already have the mediums, I have not looked into whether the large might work with the Ascent's holders. If anyone wants to perform that experiment, rock on :)

I'll see about getting pic of them as they sit my Big A on the way home from work.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I've been readin through the "3 Things" thread, and a common theme seems to be the front cup holders. I agree with the complaint, and FYI, the Crosstreks suffer the same issue. As a carryover from my 2018 Crosstrek I traded in for the Big A, I kept the solution I used. That solution is.... TAADAA... the Drink Docker!

Yep, it's a ridiculous name. Yep, it's pretty much the opposite of a "clean" or stock look. However, I've found that with very few exceptions, the Dockers work fantastically to keep a wide variety of beverage containing vessels from succumbing to the powerful temptations of gravity (the harlot).

As for deets, the size I have is medium, and the Dockers come with little foamish tabs that adhere to the sides of the cup (you'll see what I mean if you investigate their site) and allow the seeker of caffeine and upholstery segregation to fine tune their application. The large I had determined as being too, well, large for the Crosstrek holders, and since I already have the mediums, I have not looked into whether the large might work with the Ascent's holders. If anyone wants to perform that experiment, rock on :)

I'll see about getting pic of them as they sit my Big A on the way home from work.

As you know, many people have commented on the front cup holders. Having said that, I've found they do a marvelous job of holding a Fosters oil can...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts