Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I've been trying to find a bag to use for this and so far most of the reviews say it stops blocking the signal after a few weeks. so what are others using and can attest that they continue to work.
ONEVER Faraday Box and Upgraded Faraday Bag for Key Fob (2 Pack), TICONN Premium Faraday Cage Protector is what we bought from Amazon. I can attest it does work. After two weeks, I can’t confirm. We originally used the little bags and opted for the box to easily throw the keys into when at the house.

Hey all, I'll go into detail about the battery tomorrow, if I have time. In case any of you hadn't noticed, I love taking my Ascent into the middle of nowhere to camp, so, I've made sure mine doesn't drain the battery (SoA fix). I'd love to see the rest of you enjoy that ability as well. Details tomorrow (tag me if I forget).
Hi! So, there's a new liftgate controller available for 2019 and some 2020 MY vehicles that experienced drain from the controller. It enforces a 20 minute timeout where it cuts current draw to next to nothing by not keeping the ECU awake.

People who are going camping or do pet or other related activities where the liftgate will be open for hours, who have an affected vehicle with excessive "dark draw" and no liftgate timeout who get the new controller, will note all lights go out at the 20 minute mark, and power draw stops. People with intermittent issues opening or closing the liftgate by the buttons have received a new controller, which also resolves that problem.

The part many people don't know is that opening a side door (any of the four) will restart the 20 minute timer. Also, if the 20 minute timer had already expired and the liftgate controller stopped keeping the ECU awake, then opening a door will re-awaken the controllers and start the 20 minute timer again.

I've been meaning to test if leaving a side door cracked will prevent the timeout from resetting. This weekend, if weather and work permits.

Another solution (mentioned earlier in this thread) is to disable the key fob which is easily done. It's just a small part of this video mentioned in this post, but this is a useful video overall and only 3 mins

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.