Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - wanted to share something I found that I hope may benefit everyone else. I have mostly been lurking in the forums and am grateful for the discussion and information I've learned so far. I took delivery of an Abyss Blue Pearl Ascent Touring tonight (love it!) and was able to use VIP pricing with my dealership - honestly one of the most stress-free car buying experiences I've ever had.

I learned about the VIP program through the forums and like many of you thought that the ASPCA membership was the best way to go in order to very quickly qualify for the VIP program without the 6+ month waiting period that so many other sites enforced. The ASPCA is a great site to support, but I found an alternative - the Pennsylvania Horticulture Society (PHS). They put on the Philadelphia Flower Show each year, and Subaru is a primary sponsor of this. Here's their site: https://phsonline.org/get-involved/membership/new-members/

I reached out to them to ask how long the waiting period was to get a VIP letter once joining (and memberships start at an individual level for as low as $60) I heard back from Karla Siegal, one of the coordinators who told me it was only 24-48 hours after joining, Monday if you join on a weekend. I went ahead and completed my membership request online, paid $60 for the individual membership and the next morning was able to request my VIP letter here: https://flowerblog.survey.fm/subaru-phs-vip-program-request-form. It was seamless and significantly cheaper than the next best option. And to confirm it's invoice -2%.

I hope someone can benefit from this and I'm excited to keep learning and sharing with you all as I break in my new Ascent!

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info!! How did you find out what the dealer invoice pricing was ? I too am looking to purchase the abyss blue pearl touring and was excited to see your post!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
71 Posts
Thanks did it I honestly don’t know why there is not more interest or posts. We even bought the family and saved 390 over the usual plan you should post it in the vip thread

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Rstrain. Rest assured your info helped and we have benefitted. All of your info was exactly spot on and we were able to go in and this as well. I plan on providing my dealership info to the Master List of Dealerships accepting with the VIP Pricing on the Ascent as soon as I take delivery of mine next weekend. It was great, I got a Touring right out of the stock they had on the lot. No haggle, and so easy I felt like the guy on the TV commercial that feels like something is missing because there wasn't a negotiation to work through for the purchase. We are thrilled!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks OP. Verified this works even with the $60 individual membership. My wife and I picked up an Ascent last Friday 2% below invoice using the VIP program through PHS. They were very quick and accommodating too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great information thanks! Are any of you folks in the Philadelphia area and could recommend a dealer in the area that participates in the VIP program?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I signed up through PHS last Friday, received my certificate Wednesday. I placed an order for an MGM Limited last Friday, sent the dealer my letter today. He informed me they would take care of me when ours came in, first of February. Thanks a TON for your rec OP! We cannot wait!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone done this lately? It still works?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I signed up last Friday, got my letter Wednesday, Invoice -2%. Can’t be beat for $60.
Great! I just joined and will hopefully be purchasing an Ascent soon!

·
Registered
118 Posts
If placing a factory order via the VIP Program, are options priced at 2% below invoice?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awesome. Just got my VIP Certificate from SOA. I've never had a Subaru but I have been thoroughly impressed with SOA so far. I love their affiliations and love how devoted owners are to their cars. As long as I can get the deal we need, I'll be getting a Subaru.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts