Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru All Weather Floor Liners - $132
WeatherTech AVM HD - $54.95 (https://www.weathertech.com/subaru/2019/ascent/all-vehicle-mats-avm-hd/)

Curious if the Subaru variant includes all three rows? The WeatherTech is only two rows. The WT states trim to fit, so I assume it's not quite custom for this vehicle?

Quality-wise, which is preferred? I have WeatherTech in my current minivan, and have been happy with their durability.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Subaru All Weather Floor Liners - $132
WeatherTech AVM HD - $54.95 (https://www.weathertech.com/subaru/2019/ascent/all-vehicle-mats-avm-hd/)

Curious if the Subaru variant includes all three rows? The WeatherTech is only two rows. The WT states trim to fit, so I assume it's not quite custom for this vehicle?

Quality-wise, which is preferred? I have WeatherTech in my current minivan, and have been happy with their durability.

Subaru's are basically the same things as weathertech, They come up on the side a couple inches, but it is all 3 rows and its a perfect fit. I've got weathertechs in my f-150 and they are the exact right combination, but they still get moved around pushed out of place in the back. They were also much more than $55.

You're also comparing a floor mat to a floor liner. They don't currently have a floor liner for the ascent, just mats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subaru's are basically the same things as weathertech, They come up on the side a couple inches, but it is all 3 rows and its a perfect fit. I've got weathertechs in my f-150 and they are the exact right combination, but they still get moved around pushed out of place in the back. They were also much more than $55.
Agreed. I do recall that the ones for my minivan (2-rows) probably did cost more than $55 as well. Curious if there's a trade-off with the price difference.

·
Registered
965 Posts
You're also comparing a floor mat to a floor liner. They don't currently have a floor liner for the ascent, just mats.
J501SXC030 All-Weather Floor Liners $132.00

Driver side floor liner. Second row looked more mat like than liner, though. I didn't get a picture of the third row.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
J501SXC030 All-Weather Floor Liners $132.00

Driver side floor liner. Second row looked more mat like than liner, though. I didn't get a picture of the third row.
Sorry, I should have been clearer, weathertech doesn't have floor liners for the ascent yet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have been led to believe that the Touring model I ordered comes with the brownish Touring floor mats as standard...I presume...maybe incorrectly...that since I also ordered the floor mat liners... that I will get both. Realizing that I can’t use both at the same time but will be able to change them out as conditions warrant.....Hopefully I get both...

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have been led to believe that the Touring model I ordered comes with the brownish Touring floor mats as standard...I presume...maybe incorrectly...that since I also ordered the floor mat liners... that I will get both. Realizing that I can’t use both at the same time but will be able to change them out as conditions warrant.....Hopefully I get both...
Yes, you will get both. No, you should not use them at the same time. There is a big white sheet of paper that comes with them that says don't use them at the same time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Called Weather Tech and they have not measured the Ascent yet. And even when they do measure it they said it take 3-4 months for them to be available for purchase. So as of right now, nothing is in the works from weather tech.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I like the liners. After 7 years+ of ownership in my Outback, I'm noticing some stains and discoloration in the driver's carpeting (around the pedals, etc.) which appears to be salt-like, probably from the winter months. I hit it with a Bissell last summer, and I'll probably do it again when I give it the yearly once-over detailing. But, I do wonder how the floor is looking underneath from all that moisture.

My Outback came with the all-weather mats, but if I was buying today, I'd consider the WT liners. They're a little higher up on the sides than the Subaru liners. I appreciate how the OEM liners have a lip - and I like the "softness" of the rubber that the OEM ones have compared to the WT liners, but I like the WT ones more because they actually go up a few inches on the side to prevent the said carpeting issues I mentioned.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like the liners. After 7 years+ of ownership in my Outback, I'm noticing some stains and discoloration in the driver's carpeting (around the pedals, etc.) which appears to be salt-like, probably from the winter months. I hit it with a Bissell last summer, and I'll probably do it again when I give it the yearly once-over detailing. But, I do wonder how the floor is looking underneath from all that moisture.

My Outback came with the all-weather mats, but if I was buying today, I'd consider the WT liners. They're a little higher up on the sides than the Subaru liners. I appreciate how the OEM liners have a lip - and I like the "softness" of the rubber that the OEM ones have compared to the WT liners, but I like the WT ones more because they actually go up a few inches on the side to prevent the said carpeting issues I mentioned.
If you like the softer material than the stiff material of the WT, check out the Husky Liners. Much like WT, I doubt they will have anything readily available for the Ascent as they will need to get one to scan/measure and then produce their molds and such. In my Flex, I have WT for the 3 rows but could not find a WT for the rear storage so I picked up a Husky Liner. When I get my next car, I may end up switching to Husky since they are a bit more flexible. I find that if the WT is not an exact fit around the wheel well, then salty snow drips off my shoes when I get and and will fall into the space between. This ends up in a nasty salty build up on my carpet that needs to be cleaned each year. It somewhat defeats the purpose of the expensive liners.

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
If you like the softer material than the stiff material of the WT, check out the Husky Liners. Much like WT, I doubt they will have anything readily available for the Ascent as they will need to get one to scan/measure and then produce their molds and such. In my Flex, I have WT for the 3 rows but could not find a WT for the rear storage so I picked up a Husky Liner. When I get my next car, I may end up switching to Husky since they are a bit more flexible. I find that if the WT is not an exact fit around the wheel well, then salty snow drips off my shoes when I get and and will fall into the space between. This ends up in a nasty salty build up on my carpet that needs to be cleaned each year. It somewhat defeats the purpose of the expensive liners.
I too wasn't impressed with the WT fit (2010 Outback). It didn't fit well in a number of places that were crucial. If I don't like the Subaru all weather liners, I will get the Husky liners next.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have Husky Liners in my 2014 Forester XT and 2016 STI. These specific versions also have better coverage in a few areas when compared to WeatherTech, as well as added "spikes" on the bottom to help keep the liners positioned correctly. It is also nice that Husky prices seem to be lower across the board than WT. I have been very happy with my Husky Liners, and if I purchase an Ascent I will definitely take a look at them.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
For those that don't live in the northern area or use it at construction site, it's it kinda strange or silly to line your entire flooring w/ weather tech liner?

Is it really necessary? I mean, as an auto detailer by hobby, I only have to clean my interior twice a year.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was gonna say you must not have young kids and pets Trey... food, hair, milk, crumbs, other misc messes all day long. Rubber liner saves a lot of clean up headaches.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was gonna say you must not have young kids and pets Trey... food, hair, milk, crumbs, other misc messes all day long. Rubber liner saves a lot of clean up headaches.
The standard mats are hideous. They look and feel like plaid burlap. The all weather mats included in Popular package #2 are very nice. As nice as weather tech IMHO.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The standard mats are hideous. They look and feel like plaid burlap. The all weather mats included in Popular package #2 are very nice. As nice as weather tech IMHO.
Did you get the cargo tray and or the rear setback protector?? If so thoughts on those?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I haven’t seen what the AWMs look like and cover in the 2nd and 3rd rows. Do you have any pics? I was waiting to see them before I purchased them.

Did you get the cargo tray and or the rear setback protector?? If so thoughts on those?
I ordered these as we have them in our outback now and did a nice job.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I purchased the all weather mats for $93.76 ,I believe.....$103.75 with shipping, no tax.......I received them a few day ago and them seem very nice....It is a 4 piece set....
My dealer is charging MSRP so these are a little cheaper than that...for me...I also have 6 grandkids so I wanted protection immediately ..:eek:
I bought some WeatherTech’s for a Toyota Tundra years ago....These do not seem as stiff as those....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts