Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a 2019 Ascent. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn on all of the interior lights simultaneously by use of a switch located by the drivers seat. Kind of like how some cars would integrate that into the brightness level knob for the dashboard lights. Has anyone found a way to put in a control for this? Seems crazy that Subaru didn't just make that available. This is my first Subaru so maybe this is normal. I did find a post where someone installed a button in one of the blanks by the steering wheel. Something like that is how I think that this could be done. I can't link the article because this is my first post and they think it's spam. But the title was "interior light issue solved!"
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,160 Posts
I seem to remember there's a thread here about this already somewhere, but couldn't find it at the moment...

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is a post on the forum under lighting that shows what someone did to add the switch onto their 2019. But their solution is incomplete. Rather than isolating the lights I believe they just cut the power going to the fuse in the under dash panel which actually cuts power to other systems so not everyone is thrilled with this mod.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
@denissh created a post with a way of properly doing it. It's not much work, but one should be very careful to follow the instructions to the letter so they don't cut some other wire (like the keyfob system lines in the same harness).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.