Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my interior and exterior lights are flashing in my 2019 Ascent Touring after a second front windshield and rain sensor was replaced after a tree limb fell through the windshield during a storm. The caulling around the firewall was also bent and required straightening. A first windshield was installed incorrectly causing extensive condensation throughout interior of the car.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that. I hope they get it fixed properly for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The second week windshield was installed late this week but still not right. The cab is still not sealed and collecting condensation on inside of windows. The firewall was bent by the limb which crashed through the windshield. They used to total cars when the firewall was damaged. Sure is frustrating. Not sure if they are going to be able to fix it right

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Who's doing the repair?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The second week windshield was installed late this week but still not right. The cab is still not sealed and collecting condensation on inside of windows. The firewall was bent by the limb which crashed through the windshield. They used to total cars when the firewall was damaged. Sure is frustrating. Not sure if they are going to be able to fix it right
I know each technician has their own talents or lack thereof, but I am curious what company you used for the windshield install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A Subaru dealer located in Connecticut
near the hotel where the damage happened installed the first windshield and got us back home. That windshield didn’t seal. A local PA Subaru dealer performed the bodywork repairs. After we got the car back we realized there was a windshield seal problem. The local Subaru dealer ordered and installed the second windshield. After driving the car home on Thursday night we realized all the lights were flashing. The dealer advised me to unhook the battery cables to reset the car to factory defaults which I did on Friday evening without success. Then today after setting the car out of the garage for a few hours there was thick condensation covering the inside of the windshield. My Subaru Outback was sitting alongside the Ascent and it’s windows were dry. Have to call dealer and insurance company again tomorrow. Not sure what my rights are here!

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
I think the insurance company can best advise you on that. ?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
A Subaru dealer located in Connecticut
near the hotel where the damage happened installed the first windshield and got us back home. That windshield didn’t seal. A local PA Subaru dealer performed the bodywork repairs. After we got the car back we realized there was a windshield seal problem. The local Subaru dealer ordered and installed the second windshield. After driving the car home on Thursday night we realized all the lights were flashing. The dealer advised me to unhook the battery cables to reset the car to factory defaults which I did on Friday evening without success. Then today after setting the car out of the garage for a few hours there was thick condensation covering the inside of the windshield. My Subaru Outback was sitting alongside the Ascent and it’s windows were dry. Have to call dealer and insurance company again tomorrow. Not sure what my rights are here!
Any windshield repair would be warrantied for manufacturer defect as well as installation issues caused by them. Since the dealer installed the second windshield they probably would be pulling it out and reinstalling it or subcontracting it out to Safelight or equivalent. Sometimes there is a defect in the body that creates sealing problems with the windshield. If that is the case (maybe due to the tree limb) your insurance company would want to assess that and figure out a body repair shop to address that needed repair. Then of course you are back to square one with the windshield.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.