Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago I was traveling on interstate in medium heavy rain with cruise control and wipers on. Very dark afternoon. The all dash lights and screen went out and the cruise control quit. Tried the dash light level switch with no success. Lights came back on in about 4-5 minutes on their own. I reset cruise control. A short time later the dash lights and cruise died a second time for a few minutes and then came back on. I have driven 500 miles since in sunny weather, and no rain with no dash light failure since. The dealer has no idea and has not heard of this problem. Has anyone else experienced or heard of a dash light failure?
Rustkolector

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
The lights went entirely out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, every lighted portion of the dash went black including backup screen, and the cruise control quit. The headlights remained on. They came back on after about 4-5 minutes and then went out again. This hasn't repeated itself in the last 1000 miles, but I haven't been in any rain as heavy as that since.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Yes, every lighted portion of the dash went black including backup screen, and the cruise control quit. The headlights remained on. They came back on after about 4-5 minutes and then went out again. This hasn't repeated itself in the last 1000 miles, but I haven't been in any rain as heavy as that since.
I'd definitely have it checked out. Sounds like a seal on a connector in the engine compartment may be bad? But, that's just a guess since I can't actually see it from here.

I regularly plow through puddles of rainwater, ocean water and mud, without issues. A little, or even a lot of rain, shouldn't make that happen, even once.

If they find out anything, I'd be interested to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.