Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone having issue with Ascent's ac functioning.

Turn on AC , and increase temperature to say 80 or High or decrease, then turn off, hot air still blowing slightly in all vents. Is this something normal or shouldn't be completely off.?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Has anyone having issue with Ascent's ac functioning.

Turn on AC , and increase temperature to say 80 or High or decrease, then turn off, hot air still blowing slightly in all vents. Is this something normal or shouldn't be completely off.?
Assuming I understand the question right, even with the AC function off, the car is still going to try to keep the cabin at the temperature you have it set at, meaning it will blow outside air in at a certain volume, or not, depending on the outside air temperature and what you've set as the cabin temperature. Obviously if it's 105 outside, and the AC is off, and you set the cabin temperature at 68 degrees it's only going to blow hot air in an attempt, albeit unsuccessful, to cool down to 68.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
There's no issue. The car vents in external air. If the heat exchanger valve is open because the temperature was set to higher than the cabin temperature, then the air will be warmed somewhat. If the heat exchanger valve is closed, then the air will be whatever temperature the outside air is.

The off switch does not move the air damper. To close the air damper, set the car to "recirculate".

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I went through a car wash recently and when the big drier blowers hit just the right spot I could really feel the air speeding through the vents. Must admit it surprised me at first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.