Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried connecting via bluetooth, via wifi and this error still keeps popping up on the regular. Running v. 9.2 of the app. Any assistance/tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
I did a video showing how to update the head unit via WiFi. You need to be close enough to your home wifi or temporarily use your phone as a hotspot (don't leave it permanently connected, or it will continuously check, and eat your data).

The file will be 4GB to 16GB, meaning, it will eat a chunk of data, which is why you should use your home wifi if possible.

Another link, if that doesn't work:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Slightly OT, but I did the wifi update a couple of days ago (Premum non-Nav) and I noticed that a number of apps that came installed were no longer there. I don't remember all the missing ones but among them were a Magellan nav app and the Cornell Merlin Bird ID app. Current apps listed are MySubaru, Pandora, Travel Link, Android Auto, Subaru Starlink, Aha and Apply CarPlay.

If I try to update again, it simply says I'm up to date. Can I get the missing apps back?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts