Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I bought a set of aftermarket wheels online and brought them to the local tire place (Firestone, Goodyear, etc) to have them mounted, will they be able to mount my original sensors in the new wheels? What is involved with this procedure?

Also, recommendations for internet custom wheel distributors?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
Generally, yes, they can.

Lots of wheel discussion in the sticky thread up above. Note, it's VERY important that whatever wheels you choose meet or exceed the load requirement for the Ascent...1800 lbs+

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim.
Generally, yes, they can.

Lots of wheel discussion in the sticky thread up above. Note, it's VERY important that whatever wheels you choose meet or exceed the load requirement for the Ascent...1800 lbs+

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I spoke with the local Firestone guy and he said he can make the swap no problem, that he has all the necessary parts.
I then ordered a set of 20" Voxx Divo's in gloss black from our sponsor, Discount Tire Direct. My car is the brilliant bronze metallic.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Product

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
That makes an awesome looking combo! And, glad to hear @Discount Tire got you all set up!!! They've taken care of about a half dozen of my sets of tires - and when I do my 11,000 mile New York to Alaska trip in 2022, it will be at one of their locations that I swap to dedicated snow tires (in Vancouver WA probably) for the trip through Canada to Alaska, and then back to my all terrains on the way back!

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I traveled all over the country over the years on motorcycle. Never made Alaska. Wow. I used to live across the Sound from you in New Rochelle. Now residing in Cajun country enjoying my first Subaru.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
I lived in and went to college in New Rochelle for a year, before I changed colleges. Small world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts