Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found aftermarket strut for a 2019 Ascent.
And has Subaru updated the strut so it is not a problem any more, many people had to have their struts replaced twice, which is ok when your warranty covers that.
Any updated info on the strut issue would be great, when we got the Ascent last Aug. it had a what sounded like a bottom out noise in the drivers rear and mid way. That has gone away and now it`s the front drivers that sounds like a bottom out. Thanx

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I got the same problem. front suspension bottoms out incrementally since 2018. I spent $1500 on new set of tires and wheels (18") thinking that the low-profile tires of 20" may have caused the thump.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had mine looked at yesterday (not at a dealer), and indeed the strut has an oil leak. I did drive for half of the road test and mechanic drove other half, he agreed there sounds like a problem. Now I need to contact the dealership and see if it covered or not. Warranty in Canada, the way I read is different than the US, so it is talk time. Once the mechanic showed me the difference between the bad and good side, was very easy to see. Lift the cover boot up and you should see top of the shock, if it`s oily, it`s leaking and shock is the problem. If dry, real good chance it`s something else, many stories here about strut issues, which just should not be happening this early in the car life.
Still can not find any aftermarket struts, hmmmm.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,871 Posts
Can't we just replace these OEM struts with some aftermarket coilovers? I can't find anything suspension wise for this vehicle.
They don't exist...

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
112 Posts

Bilstein has confirmed that they have the Ascent on the radar but no eta.

If you haven't already done so, please submit the product request on their website.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't we just replace these OEM struts with some aftermarket coilovers? I can't find anything suspension wise for this vehicle.
They don't exist...

Bilstein has confirmed that they have the Ascent on the radar but no eta.

If you haven't already done so, please submit the product request on their website.

Flatout Suspension has some. I am selling my SR coilovers (lowering kit).

My for sale post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts