Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there are a few aftermarket brands of front brake pads finally hitting the market. The rear are the same as another Subaru so they have been out there.

Powerstop
R1 Concepts
DFC

I am glad to see the aftermarket support start to build up for our Ascents. Now if they will only show up at the local auto parts stores.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
R1 Concepts has been out for about a year and a half. I am hoping they don't suffer the vibration issue the original Subaru pads did, since they were designed when only the original Subaru pads existed. Good to hear others have come out with pads.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
301 Posts
I'm surprised Akebono doesn't yet have a pad for the Ascent. Centric also surprises me -- they have front rotors, but no front pads.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front rotors have been in the aftermarket for a while. I am guessing they also fit another Subaru. Oddly enough the Subaru OEM rotors are fairly priced and cost less than the pads.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Front rotors have been in the aftermarket for a while. I am guessing they also fit another Subaru. Oddly enough the Subaru OEM rotors are fairly priced and cost less than the pads.
Front rotors are Ascent specific. PN 26300XC00A - so far, 2019-2020, all trim levels. I expect that 2021 will be added once they update the parts site to include that MY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts