Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions about companies that might offer aftermarket accessories or custom products for the Ascent.....
I was thinking that companies that offer aftermarket products for other Subaru models like the Outback will also sell stuff for the new Ascent....
I was hoping to get some names and contact them, to get on their mailing list, to get catalogs etc....To get some recommendations on good companies with good products and good prices & service etc.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exterior/interior

Everything in general.....skid plates , oil coolers, cargo carriers, seat covers , Mats, sound systems, engine accessories, etc. etc....Just a central place everybody could share Kool stuff they had found to trick out/ customize their Subaru’s , outside of the dealer offerings....
That’s all:smile:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh gotcha. Yeah, some of us have been in contact with the usual suspects for lifts, skid-plates, and those types of mods but it sounds like they just need to get their hands on a vehicle to start the R&D process. I bet that's the general consensus with 3rd party shops.

I'm going to have mine lifted and get skid plates and new wheels/tires ASAP.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking that people might share the products they purchased,
the companies they used , the price they paid and that may save the rest of us some legwork/research ....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LP Adventure, Anderson Fabrications(design?), Primitive Enterprises are a few companies mentioned in other posts on this site....
They apparently have products for current Subaru models and will probably have the same for the Ascent, eventually....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just a random modification question...
I really didn't like the Ascent shift rod (no leather cover). Can anyone had the similar shift rod and modified with leather cover in any other Subaru's?
That is the first thing I need to change once I get my Ascent.
Also, I don't think there is any optional accessory/upgrade to get that from the factory or the dealer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just a random modification question...
I really didn't like the Ascent shift rod (no leather cover). Can anyone had the similar shift rod and modified with leather cover in any other Subaru's?
That is the first thing I need to change once I get my Ascent.
Also, I don't think there is any optional accessory/upgrade to get that from the factory or the dealer.

That is a fairly common upgrade through Subaru I would expect it to be available in time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know Thule is good for all things storage and roof rack. They're pretty much the industry standard for that in my mind, but maybe there's another company out there I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see that there is a option is to replace the dome lights etc, with LED bulbs.....for $185....Is there a standard size bulb that fits all Subaru’s or is each Subaru model different? Amazon had some on sale recently for $10 to $20 but I do not know what size is needed....Is there a standardized Subaru size? If not standard ,when will we know what size the Ascent needs?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see that there is a option is to replace the dome lights etc, with LED bulbs.....for $185....Is there a standard size bulb that fits all Subaru’s or is each Subaru model different? Amazon had some on sale recently for $10 to $20 but I do not know what size is needed....Is there a standardized Subaru size? If not standard ,when will we know what size the Ascent needs?
Subaru's bulbs are standard sizes. Nothing unique. I'll be getting some bulbs from Diode Dynamics.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Subaru's bulbs are standard sizes. Nothing unique. I'll be getting some bulbs from Diode Dynamics.

I second Diode they make some Quality stuff over there

Reactions: Gueromeister

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do not expect it, but the only aftermarket support I really care about and am hoping for is from Cobb. I've spoken to people who have ridden in a pre-production Ascent, and they said it pulls really hard, much harder than the power figures would imply. A re-flash would make them total beasts! Between tuning support and sport exhaust options, I'd be a happy camper. But I do not expect any of those things to be made. Lol.

·
Administrator
7,814 Posts
I do not expect it, but the only aftermarket support I really care about and am hoping for is from Cobb. I've spoken to people who have ridden in a pre-production Ascent, and they said it pulls really hard, much harder than the power figures would imply. A re-flash would make them total beasts! Between tuning support and sport exhaust options, I'd be a happy camper. But I do not expect any of those things to be made. Lol.
COBB has already indicated to me that they're definitely considering such support.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cargo Mat Stretching from Rear Lid to Back of Second Row

Put me in the camp of not really wanting the third row seats, but there are few SUVs of this size without a third row.

(Yes, my current car is a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has taken me places that no ordinary SUV can go (with variable ride height). It has only two rows, but the reliability has not been what I expect so I am looking elsewhere, e.g. a white Ascent Touring is on order.)

So the third row is stowed most of the time and I want a continuous cargo mat to cover that entire area. Don't believe that Subaru offers such. Any ideas on a third party that will likely offer such a thing?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder how long it will be until a company(or companies) come up with accessories to transform the “19 cup holders” into other uses? Lots of storage area there.....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts