Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is not critical by any means but I noted the difference. When I went out of town and in the process had my AC repaired under warranty by a dealer that was 1000 miles away from where I lived, they completed the repair and presented the vehicle to me washed (not detailed but washed). I never asked or expected but it put a smile on my face. They knew I would not be coming back as a customer given where I lived but made the effort anyway. In contrast I had the same warranty work completed back home (since the first attempt did not do the trick) and my vehicle was not washed. I had washed the vehicle that Sunday but on Monday I drove 14 miles on a dirt road so it was dirty in the expected locations. The home dealer had the vehicle for an entire week while they were waiting on parts. They also messed up on the promised loaner big time which resulted in my wasting time impressing upon them the need to follow through and also I had to come back the next day to return the used car they gave me and exchange it with an official loaner.

It is their business call and we certainly did not discuss washing the vehicle ahead of time but I was surprised they missed an opportunity to make that easy impression upon me as a new service customer. I do not know how my other local dealer will handle this opportunity when I go there in a few weeks for an oil change but we shall see. What is your experiences and your opinions on the matter?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
I had a similar positive experience two weeks ago at a Leesburg FL Subaru dealer where I stopped to get an oil change and tire rotation because I had just clicked 6K that day. They offered a wash and had it been needed and I was not been in a hurry, I would have taken them up on it. They also knew they would unlikely see me again...didn't even ask for my email address for marketing purposes. My local dealer is efficient, but never offers a wash to-date.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Okay this is not critical by any means but I noted the difference. When I went out of town and in the process had my AC repaired under warranty by a dealer that was 1000 miles away from where I lived, they completed the repair and presented the vehicle to me washed (not detailed but washed). I never asked or expected but it put a smile on my face. They knew I would not be coming back as a customer given where I lived but made the effort anyway. In contrast I had the same warranty work completed back home (since the first attempt did not do the trick) and my vehicle was not washed. I had washed the vehicle that Sunday but on Monday I drove 14 miles on a dirt road so it was dirty in the expected locations. The home dealer had the vehicle for an entire week while they were waiting on parts. They also messed up on the promised loaner big time which resulted in my wasting time impressing upon them the need to follow through and also I had to come back the next day to return the used car they gave me and exchange it with an official loaner.

It is their business call and we certainly did not discuss washing the vehicle ahead of time but I was surprised they missed an opportunity to make that easy impression upon me as a new service customer. I do not know how my other local dealer will handle this opportunity when I go there in a few weeks for an oil change but we shall see. What is your experiences and your opinions on the matter?
My dealership does it on all cars no matter what you bring it in for.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Gillman North in Houston and Reliable in Springfield both washed my car after service. The wash in Springfield was especially appreciated since I was on vacation and the car was pretty dirty.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My take on it is this. Many dealerships will wash your car as a courtesy, once you approve it. Others will not do it or do not have the facilities on site. Many new car owners skip the dealer car wash because inevitably the brushes will scratch the paint.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Every dealership of various brands have been to for a very long time has done this. Only in the last few years did I notice that most ask at the write up whether you would like it done or not. Some just do a quick wash and your car comes out wet, while others seem to do a bit more with drying it and giving a quick vacuum. It's a nice service and I like it either way, but I'm sure the service is built into the price of repairs :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts