Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a software update (ECU reprogramming) recently and the technician mentioned that he has updated the radio as well. Now the playlist from USB or CD does not start from where I last left. Every time I start the car it begins once again from the first song in the playlist. Did not have this happening before the software update. Always resumes from where it last stopped. I could not find any options in the settings. Its frustrating that i need to scroll down again to listen to the songs. I don't want to take to the dealer again. Any help is appreciated to fix this problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had a software update (ECU reprogramming) recently and the technician mentioned that he has updated the radio as well. Now the playlist from USB or CD does not start from where I last left. Every time I start the car it begins once again from the first song in the playlist. Did not have this happening before the software update. Always resumes from where it last stopped. I could not find any options in the settings. Its frustrating that i need to scroll down again to listen to the songs. I don't want to take to the dealer again. Any help is appreciated to fix this problem.
Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have not even used my CD player so don’t know how it is but I have not gotten the recall yet I’m scheduled for tomorrow if I notice anything let you know

·
Registered
74 Posts
Okay got my recall and drove it today put a cd in before the recall and after. Both times it started from where it left off don’t have a playlist in a usb to try. But cd works fine. Can you post a picture of the firmware your radio is on tomorrow I’ll post mine see if it’s the same software update

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay got my recall and drove it today put a cd in before the recall and after. Both times it started from where it left off don’t have a playlist in a usb to try. But cd works fine. Can you post a picture of the firmware your radio is on tomorrow I’ll post mine see if it’s the same software update
Sure, will check and update you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes you have the navigation I don’t so mayb there is a difference in the software maybe someone who had the same package can help you out

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Any suggestions how to fix this issue?
Go into the media player, select the playlist, and start playing. When the car is shut off and restarted again, it should now once again remember it's using playlist based playing and default to where it left off.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Software update
Not the most recent update, and I am not sure where the heck they found that update. 2019 or 2020?

Please log into Subaru Map Update Delivery Portal and see what version you should be running. I suspect they grabbed a version for a different vehicle.

This is the most current release I am aware of. Please confirm what you see in the Subaru Map Update Portal.
  • Rel_UA.19.42.70 NAFTA
  • North America_2017.03_7181_28/12545/272294/19719

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go into the media player, select the playlist, and start playing. When the car is shut off and restarted again, it should now once again remember it's using playlist based playing and default to where it left off.
Tried everything but still the same problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not the most recent update, and I am not sure where the heck they found that update. 2019 or 2020?

Please log into Subaru Map Update Delivery Portal and see what version you should be running. I suspect they grabbed a version for a different vehicle.

This is the most current release I am aware of. Please confirm what you see in the Subaru Map Update Portal.
  • Rel_UA.19.42.70 NAFTA
  • North America_2017.03_7181_28/12545/272294/19719
Will check it. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.